Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Exactly how fast are these cars? I just had an encounter with one about 15 minutes ago. I ran with him maybe 3 to 4 times.. both at speeds about 85 - 95 MPH. We never ran from a slower roll. I pulled on him a little till 130-135, then both times he would end with a flyby...

I was just wondering exactly how fast these cars were.. becuase it seemed pretty damn quick from a roll. It took forever for me to start to pull even a fraction of an inch.

Also, it was a newer M3 if that helps any..

[edit] I'm not quite sure exaxctly how far i pulled.. but it wasnt that much. I had to shut it down due to sharp upcoming turns.

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:eek:

The guy must not have been pushing it that hard then. It was close, but damn my car can't put out those kind of numbers!

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
I think the 99+ ones are 333hp and like 280Tq. Run about a 13.3 in the 1/4mile. Maybe his was an auto/triptronic?

You can beat the older ones, NappyTT raced a 96 and beat him by 3 up to 100. Got the video somewhere.....

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe he was an older one.. i really dont know my BMW's very well. I will search and try to figure out what year it is..

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
Old one should be good match from roll for you since you don't have mods. But I've run new M3 from roll 2times and surprisingly
I pulled on him once before I install the boost controller but
second run he pulled on me slightly. He must have missed gear
on first run:confused:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
From a roll 40-100 against my friends new M3 we are even (he shifts the hell out of it though) From a standstill I can take him. :bandit: Damn new M3s are fuckin fast for being stock and it doesn't help to have our 25% driveline loss. :(

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
VR4GUY said:
Damn new M3s are fuckin fast for being stock and it doesn't help to have our 25% driveline loss. :(
agreed

·
hangsout w/ his wang out
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quick Vr4 said:
yah M3s are nice cars. have owned 2 in the past and love them. but the problem was you couldn't really mod them unless you had a lot of money.
But you need a lot of money to get one in the first place ;)

·
Registered
1,323 Posts

hell yeah an M3 is pretty bad ass, 333 HP from an all motor V6 STOCK. The damn thing has multiple throttle bodies for cryin out loud.

·
Banned
3,562 Posts
Mmmmm.... M3... drooling... I've always loved BMW's, it's amazing how they pump out so much horsepower with no turbo. The older ones had 240 horsepower, but the cars are geared much better than ours, so they still hit 0-60 in the mid 5's. You shouldn't have a problem against an older one, you won't kill one, but you'll win. The newer ones should definitely take a stock VR4/Stealth. I haven't gone up against one yet, but every road test I ever see usually places it against a Z06 around a track. The Z06 kills it in speed and acceleration, but that german handling makes up for it, I think Road and Track picked the M3 over the Z06 as a better overall track car.

·
chunsangp
3,556 Posts
UTRacerX9 said:
The Z06 kills it in speed and acceleration, but that german handling makes up for it, I think Road and Track picked the M3 over the Z06 as a better overall track car.
Most magazines that I saw rated Z06 better than M3 all around:confused: In some magazine, Z06 outperformed an
Porsche 996 turbo.

Well.....but I don't care:D

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
i had no idea M3's were that fast! They're the only Beamer's I like.

PM az1an3000GT, he drives one all the time, he might know some specs

·
Jordan
3,032 Posts
one of my ex girlfriends dad is getting a brand spanking new from germany m3. I don't know how i'm we are going to pull it off, but when her dad is out of town we are going to take it for a spin. Possibly take it up against my car. I think for the most part our cars would take them from a stop, but from a roll they run pretty good times. I love bimmers, probably because my family has a 535i. :)

·
Premium Member
6,400 Posts
Re: ....

SamAlam said:
hell yeah an M3 is pretty bad ass, 333 HP from an all motor V6 STOCK. The damn thing has multiple throttle bodies for cryin out loud.
The M3 Runs a 3.0L Inline six not a V-6.;)
I thought that they were V-6's until I started to read car mags.:D

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
yeah and the like to go

KABBBLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!

over 40 new m3s engines went bye bye with NO sign of improper break-in or over-revving... hmmm big thread on supraforums.

nice cars otherwise.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Re: ....

christobal65 said:

The M3 Runs a 3.0L Inline six not a V-6.;)
I thought that they were V-6's until I started to read car mags.:D
M3s up to 95 used to run 3.0 inline 6.
From 96-99, the engine size went up to 3.2
From 01+, US started getting European engines. Still 3.2 but a bit bigger than S54 (96-99) engine.

There have been numerous incidents on engine failure for sure. Luckily, M Roadsters and M Coupes with the same engine have not been suffering from this so far. Although, there has been one unofficial incident that I was told of.

A well driven 94+ TT should be a good match against E46 M3.

·
Canada Eh!
523 Posts
pearL demon said:
yeah and the like to go

KABBBLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!

over 40 new m3s engines went bye bye with NO sign of improper break-in or over-revving... hmmm big thread on supraforums.

nice cars otherwise.
funny they can tell that too because the new M3's have a "black Box" thingy that records all data and can only be read by BMW

·
3kgt Driver
3,505 Posts
I had my first experience w/ a M3 last week.

I was crusing home last week and I see this black BMW speed through the lanes. It was a black BMW, prob a 95 M3, not sure what yr.

It was some 17 yr old skinny punk who probably had "daddy" pay for his car and parts. Kid was cocky as hell reving his shit.

So he gets behind me at a stop light. As soon as the light turns green, he jumps into the other lane, we race from a 10mph roll to about 85. I pull up on him from 10 to about 45mph. After that, he pulled really hard all the way up to 80mph.

i could tell that as fast as my car wanted to go, i dont think i could catch up w/ him. he had a decent top end.

makes me want a vr4
:(

1 - 20 of 30 Posts