Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Got a great deal on some Yokohama Advan AD08R tires. Feels good having a matching set on the chromies finally. Also put some small spacers on to make the wheels flush.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Good call on the spacers! I want to do the same with my 97' vr4. What size spacers worked for you? Car looks amazing!
Thanks. They're just the cheapo spacers from auto parts store. They space out about 5/16

·
Resident Street Racer
5,605 Posts
Got a great deal on some Yokohama Advan AD08R tires. Feels good having a matching set on the chromies finally. Also put some small spacers on to make the wheels flush.

read my mind. Now it looks like a proper 99. I love the chromies and had similar spacers on mine to make em flush.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
read my mind. Now it looks like a proper 99. I love the chromies and had similar spacers on mine to make em flush.

:bigthumb: yea im liking the look. I just need to find a place that will rechrome now to get a trashed set redone. One of my wheels has vibration past 80 so i would like to swap them with a good set eventually.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am looking for a place to rechrome as well, I have the original chromies for my 99 vr-4 but they need touched up so I have aftermarket right now for this year. Nothing beats the original chromies

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I ran 15mm on my VR-4 with stock wheels and it gave it a proper flush fitment, but would still tuck up under the fender without hitting anything when the suspension was compressed.

·
Show me your twins
1,145 Posts
But but but, the GT-Cs tho :( lol.

·
Show me your twins
1,145 Posts
Tru tru lol

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
The wife bought me some garage alpha floor mats for Christmas and they really brought the interior back to life.

Rebuilt the throttle body on the 99 this weekend, the car runs so much better now. Need to tweek the tune some but probably wont mess with it too much - just iron out a rough spot in the midrange. I also changed the trans fluid since i never got around to it yet. It was notchy when cold in 2nd and more so in 3rd, put some Mitsubishi gear oil in and now its smooth as silk.

I ordered some new oem sail panels as mine are almost completely faded now, just waiting the month delivery from japan.

I took the GTCs apart and started stripping the barrels to polish them. If anyone needs to strip any paint, dont buy aircraft paint remover anymore. The new formula does not contain methylene chloride and therefore hardly works at all. Instead i found better luck using goof off graffiti remover (not the goo gone one). Didnt worry about stripping the faces since they will be sand blasted at powdercoat anyway.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts