Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
One fix at a time
7,762 Posts
I'd have to ask April about the throttle bodies but I thought there was something unique to the 99s. Maybe not.

I doubt I have any excellent shape nipples but do have a spare water/thermostat housing, should have a throttle body(probably could use new shaft seals), and I know I had some crossover tubes. I was about to toss one of them but it's probably sitting in the scrap pile. I don't think it had rust.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I'd have to ask April about the throttle bodies but I thought there was something unique to the 99s. Maybe not.

I doubt I have any excellent shape nipples but do have a spare water/thermostat housing, should have a throttle body(probably could use new shaft seals), and I know I had some crossover tubes. I was about to toss one of them but it's probably sitting in the scrap pile. I don't think it had rust.
If you can look for me and hook me up that would be great. I have the stuff to rebuild a throttle body ready to go.

·
One fix at a time
7,762 Posts
If you can look for me and hook me up that would be great. I have the stuff to rebuild a throttle body ready to go.
I found the water housing, crossover tube, and throttle body(from a 93 though) so I'll send you some pics tomorrow and see if you want any of it. If I forget hit me up.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
How do you like the smaller battery? Is that the kit that Ninja sells?

-John
I bought the battery and hold down from summit. It's the braille b2015. So far the cranking has been stronger than the battery it replaced even on a good day. The smaller batter does free up some space and is significantly lighter than the one it replaces. My only complaint is now I have to repaint the battery tray because you can now see it :D.

·
One fix at a time
7,762 Posts
I have a Harley Davidson small battery, Big Crank ETX18L I believe(they make HD's OEM batteries), and it cranked better than the Interstate battery that was in there. It's slightly wider than the Odyssey 680 that was in there before but about the same length and cost $110. The Odyssey got discharged and wouldn't revive but I'll probably give them a try again later for under $100. I've had my Big Crank only sit about 2.5 weeks without starting and not on a battery tender yet with temps above 35 degrees and so far no issues. After I got the battery I was skeptical it would work well because it's very small but have been surprised. I would recommend a battery tender on any lightweight AGM if it sits for a long time.

East Penn makes the Braille racing batteries and a lot of other lightweight ones so you can get them significantly less. Deka is another name through them.

Edit: Car didn't start after about 3 weeks but just needed to sit on the charger for half an hour so if you do get a lightweight battery make sure to store it on a battery tender or make sure you have no drains in your system.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
I went with a similar battery from summit racing, and then made a new battery tray from Carbon Fiber, and a tie down from a mixture of Carbon and Aluminum...

Anytime you find a single pound of weight to shave from the car, especially when it is in the front, is a Win.

·
Under Constrution!
387 Posts
Ride is looking good, thanks for keeping us updated on your story. Stuff like this gives me hope that I’ll find something soon. I found my last 98 VR-4 in a Kroger parking lot. Told the guy nice ride and my number if he ever wanted to sell it, couple months later he calls me up says he’s ready! They always come where unexpected...

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Tracked down a 2nd 4" IPS/HKS titanium exhaust

Also, my now fiancee bought me new speakers. So I installed the door and rear speakers, replaced the door belt weather strip, and the driver side skirt. No more huge scratch!

Adulted and bought my very first truck. Keeps miles off the 99 and will be a great tow pig.

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
WOW, one of the best!!
Thanks.

I'd really love to scoop up your dr750s, but switching jobs has me holding on to my money right now.

That looks sooooo much better!
:bigthumb:
I really would have liked to restore the volks, but the longer they stayed on there the more I couldnt stand looking at them or driving the car. I might pick up some TE37s or some other nice wheel later, but rocking the chromies for a while.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts