Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Electrical Whiz
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i'm buyin a 94-96 sl and i was wondering if it comes in the same blue as the 94 vr-4 or if it comes in a shade of blue?
i've only seen the vr-4 in blue and it was so beautiful so if there is a blue sl is it rare?

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
the color I think you're thinking of is pearl blue. It's my favorite color on a 3/s. And you could say it's not exactly the most common of colors. The SL and vr4's have the same "shades" (or color codes) of the blue.

Matt

·
Electrical Whiz
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea it is the pearl blue, i saw it on a vr-4 and i love it, i'm trying to find an sl in that color

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
That pearl blue is a great color! I almost got one with 85K on it, but I went with a Sorrento Red with 39K. I regret it sometimes, I love that blue!!!

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
Here are the two blues that I believe 3k's were made from factory.

Danube Blue below (94-97)

This one below is far more stunning I think (fiji blue...only available in 91 and 92)

I just randomly found these pics so if the owners want them outta here then PM me.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Didn't stealths have a different shade of blue?

4,448 Posts
The Fiji Blue is what I have. Elton's car pictured above in the VR4 picture is a slightly darker color that was custom done. But it gives almost the same effect. I think it was on the '91 - '92 cars, all models for both 3000GT and Stealth (altho i've only seen SL, VR4, and all stealth trims with it... no base 3000GTs)

The '94 - '96 Danube Blue Pearl was darker and was produced only on the SL and VR4 and only the R/T and R/T Turbo (i think). They are the same color on the 3000GT and Stealth.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
they never made a danube blue 97'. that car has had a conversion done on it, and repainted. i think it was like a 92? or maybe im thinking of a different car. either way, no danube blue in 97. the colors went to shit after 96 IMO.

·
Deal with it
3,129 Posts
I honestly thought that the Danube died after 96 but I looked on Edmunds and it said there was one in 97. But why trust them they suck.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Looks black in that pic. Im not sure the name of my color. I believe that it is the Pearl Blue.

·
Registered
671 Posts
There were a couple stock blue '97 3000GT's made. There was just a thread on it a while back. A few members on the board have the 97 with the stock blue color. If you look on Autotrader you might be able to find a few of them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just recently got a 94 stealth, and its teal, and i was wondering if its a stock color, and if anyone else has one, and maybe pics. I can tell it has had a paintjob on the ouside. (overspray on the window seal is a pretty good give away)

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
yeah....it's stock. not my favorite of colors though:~ just my opinion. The darker pearl blue however....i'll cream my pants over

Matt

1 - 20 of 36 Posts