Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doing a little "fore-shopping," I've come to the inevitable aftermarket BOV. I've decided on one of 2: the HKS Super Sequential or the Greddy Type-S. I've heard that he HKS sounds magnificent, but most people opt for the Greddy. Why is this? I've not seen many with the HKS, but it leads my decision, and I would like opinions. Thanks.

Billy.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not too familiar with "closed loop." Does it cost even more to make it closed loop?

·
Masshole
1,815 Posts
closed loop is how the stock system runs. The bov vents back into the intake. Open loop vents to the atmosphere. The greddy comes in closed loop form and fits right where the stock one goes. The hks requires a kit to get it to work in closed loop form. Plus you have to relocate the hks. I've had the greddy and I'm goin back to it. Its all personal preference and what u can afford

·
Registered
76 Posts
whats the point of getting closed loop???open loop is way better, why pay for a BOV if u cant hear it at its full sound....maybe im mistaking but getting the air back in the intake makes less sound that if it would go in the air

·
Registered
76 Posts
can u make the HKS bov be closed loop? cause as I knoew the HKS bov sounds the best.....

also isnt it ok open loop for the HKS BOV since its a sequential type BOV???

·
i don't even know...
2,245 Posts
StealthQuebecer said:
can u make the HKS bov be closed loop? cause as I knoew the HKS bov sounds the best.....
also isnt it ok open loop for the HKS BOV since its a sequential type BOV???
supert94vr4 answered that same question about 7 posts up... take a look...
whats the point of getting closed loop???open loop is way better, why pay for a BOV if u cant hear it at its full sound....maybe im mistaking but getting the air back in the intake makes less sound that if it would go in the air
and btw... the BOV isn't designed to make sounds... it's designed to protect your turbos. the point of getting closed loop over open loop has nothing to do with sounds, it's to eliminate giving your car a mild heart attack by dumping all that air out of the system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.