Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

After getting my Blitz Turbo Timer Installed..and yes I love it so far..except for one thing...
well lets say i set it for 1:30...and I pull the key..and get out of the car...
shut the door!!! AND THE CAR SHUTS OFF!.. and i did this a couple of times... like I think its the vibration of the door shutting or something, cause If i smack the wiring harness it will shut off also...
anyone ever had this problem?

any ideas??

matt K

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
you might still have the "auto" feature enabled. Is the little "A" visible in the corner? You push one of the buttons (far right one?) to turn the "auto" feature on and off ... if on, obviously it automatically calculates the minimum amount of time needed. If off, then it goes by what you have it set at.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey
Bill,

I know I dont have the "A" on for the auto feature!
lol
any other ideas!

·
perpetual college student
3,903 Posts
heh, I didn't see that you said it was from vibrations ... I have no idea, sorry :( that never happened to me; doublecheck your connections I guess :confused:

·
Registered
134 Posts
don't know why u wouldn't be but i think the e-brake has to be engaged

·
Registered
17,551 Posts
Thats almost definately a bad connection somewhere. Check all your connections... re-solder, etc. It sounds like, when you're sitting their the wire's are resting in place, and the connection is good enough to work, but when you close the door, it disconnects them for a split second causing the tt to stop working. I'll assume that when you get back in the car, it works again?

yes, thats a bad connection somewhere.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the help,
took off the panel, next to the console, damn i feel like a dumbass, the orange wire, that could go to the speed sensor, had the end of it exposed! ha ha,
and everytime it got vibrated, it would touch the chassis and short out..so all i did was tape it over with some electrical tape and gave it a try, its been workin fine since :)

thank you though :)

·
Former 3/S Addict
304 Posts
Blitz Turbo Timer

Hey, I've got the same timer and am preparing to hook it up, but I'm thinking that the guy who sold it to me snipped off the end of the harness that would/should connect to the optional ignition harness.

My questions are:

What is the model number of the blitz harness for our cars for this Dual Turbo Timer?

and

Shouldn't the 4 pronged "power" harness have two plastic connectors on it? :confused: :mad:

When I installed this same timer a while back in my Talon, I remember it having that "middle" harness to connect the unit to the car specific ignition harness. I also remember that the connectors on the Stealth's ignition look awefully similar to the Talon's (was a '93 TSi AWD). :confused:

Does anyone know if an ignition harness for the 1st gen T/E/L's fit the 91-96 3/S's?

TIA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts