Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating on what to do and wanted to see what everyone else thought. I was thinking of getting the Blitz SBC ID along with the power meter ID. There is an awsome blitz group buy going on now, but it won't help if I decided to upgrade the fuel and air intake later. Does anyone have the blitz SBC that can comment on it, along with install. Isn't the AEM or GTPro's stand alone ecu supposed to control everything? Will it be able to do everything that this blitz will do and more? What was the orginal quote on the AEM or the GTPro's unit at? $1500? What is everyone's opion on this. I want to hear it

·
Registered
1,714 Posts

·
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I was hoping that someone like Brian from GTPro could say that his unit and the one that AEM is producing can contron the same stuff that the Blitz can do, like boos sttings, buil-in boost gauge, peak hold display, data logging capabilities, automatic and manual modes, scramble boost systerm and built-in warning and limiter system to prevent overboosting.
Or someone that has the blitz to say that the unit sucks and is not really compatible. What I am saying is, if I wait, will it be worth it, or is the stand alone unit going to be like a manual boost contorl.

·
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TTT

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
Dan-

Do you REALLY understand what you're attempting to ask and compare?

The Blitz SBC-ID with the Power Meter doesn't have what one could truly call "datalogging" capabilities. What does it do? It gives estimates of power in the same manner that the G-Tech does. Records lap times. That isn't datalogging. It doesn't sense any sort of tuning usable inputs: doesn't read ignition timing, doesn't record knock, and has no outward recordability with a PC or Palm. Shut it off, or make another run, and the information is history. I could ask, "what's the use of such limited "datalogging" if you can't read it outside of the car", but then, knowing my quarter mile time doesn't exactly tell me I can turn up the boost, or require more fuel, now does it?

If you simply want boost control with datalogging, buy a Technomotive and a DSBC.

If you're looking for real tuning power, ergo, ignition timing control, fuel trim control, total boost control, designed around multiple inputs, such as EGT, manifold pressure, knock, and block temperature sensing, THEN look towards a replacement ECU. But be forwarned- if you're not recognizing the discrepancy in pure tuning power between these tools at this stage, your learning curve for a full replacement ECU is a lot higher than you might think.

Learn what datalogging is. Then make the decision.

-K

·
Registered
1 Posts
The AEM ecu for the 3000 gt vr/4, stealth r/t tt will be available late January. It performs all of the same functions the stock ecu does, but is completely user configurable, completely replacing the stock ecu (not piggybacking).

Jason S.
(AEM)

·
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Jason, many people here are talking big time about your unit so as soon as you get more info or where it would be avil please post it here. Thanks

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
I believe GT Pro's stand alone is supposed to be about $2,400. Actually, I'm kind of forgetting what he told me the other day (i think I'm tired). The price might be on that thread that was posted.
Later,

Dan,
You really should do some reading up on any of the stand alone units before looking at buying one. Installation/operation is nothing like any blitz product by far. Not to mention tuning......3SX (Steve) will be the closest place to PA that will know how to tune one. As said, your comparison is about impossible to make.
sorry dude,
Mark

·
2,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, I know. I was just hoping that the stand alone ECU's would take the job of a boost contorller but I was mistaken.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Hey Hans,
Sorry man, nothing against you ;) ...I just didn't know that you were going to be headed out to California to be trained for installation and tuning of GT Pro's computer. I just mentioned Steve because thats the closest person Brian said there would be to me to tune and install.
Definetely not trying to leave you out though for sure. But now that you mention it.....are you going to take the classes Brian mentioned about for tuning and installation of their stand alone?? If you are...trust me man, no complaints from me. Then I'll have an excuse to buy one for myself. :D
Later,
Mark

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Hans,
If you do, let me know....or the whole board anyway.
Later,

1 - 14 of 14 Posts