Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the screw on top of the blitz super sound blow off valve for? What happens if you screw it all the way down or all the way out? Whats the difference between the filter that connects to it and the horn type connector? Is one louder than the other?

T

·
0 Posts
Hey nytemyst,

How did you hook up your Blitz BOV? Are you using the stock BOV with the BLITZ? I was told that you have to use the stock BOV with the BLITZ. Do you just have it connected to the Y-pipe and capped off the turbo-intercooler hose where stock BOV used to be? I want mine to be very loud.

Thanks,

Tom
92RT/TT

·
Vr-4 Evr
2,027 Posts
i still have the stock one connected to it. But its still really loud. you should hear it in like a garage=) I want to try taking off the stock one cause if it makes it louder then it is now holy shit. I'm also running 1.2 bar of boost since more boost the louder it gets

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't use my OEM BOV. I removed it and am only using the Blitz one. Also, I thought the screw was used to adjust how far the centerpiece can travel. If you take it all the way out you will create a vac-leak and trip your oxygen sensors so the check-engine light will come on.

As a side note, check your BOV every year. My check-engine light kept coming on because my center brass cylinder was getting "stuck" open more than it should. I tore the unit apart and cleaned it up and, bam--good as new, no more engine-light.

·
Registered
641 Posts
hmm, i may be leaking boost somewhere due to my car is slow up top no, should i try tightening the bolt?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm running without a boost controller. When I go under full boost I notice it spike to top boost, then slowly drop down to .54 bars and hold there. Is this the leak you are talking about? I thought this was a "safety" feature for the stock boost controller. (And lots of incentive to get an aftermarket one...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts