Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ill appreciated if someone would tell me why my blitz super sound BOV gave me a idle problem. I've heard and seen so many 3si with blitz or the RFL BOV - open looped without giving problems. How come if i install it then it gives me this idle problem. Also i have noticed that blitz BOV leaks vacuum compare to like the greddy type S. Is there a way where i can try any open loop BOV and still manage to have no problem with the car?
If it is installed on the y pipe hole, the bottom of the stock bov hole needs to be covered right? but what is recommended to coverup that hole?

·
Registered
966 Posts
hhhmmm

not sure if you mean the old or new style there but if you have the older style i know you can try adjusting the little bolt on the top of the bov

from my experience the farther the bolt is in the less you'll stall but the sound isn't as loud

seems like when it's out rpm's will drop lower and it's way louder

just keep adjusting it until you find a good spot for sound and not stalling

did you get an adapter to install it?

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Mitsu3kGTVRpho said:
hhhmmm

not sure if you mean the old or new style there but if you have the older style i know you can try adjusting the little bolt on the top of the bov

from my experience the farther the bolt is in the less you'll stall but the sound isn't as loud

seems like when it's out rpm's will drop lower and it's way louder

just keep adjusting it until you find a good spot for sound and not stalling

did you get an adapter to install it?
Thats because the tighter you get it, the less air it'll blow off, and you won't run AS rich as you would if it just blew off easy... either way you're running rich, shortening the life of your plugs and sacraficing performance.

·
Registered
242 Posts
are you sure you have the BOV that is designed for our car? there are 'universals' out there but the one for our car has the right spring and comes from the factory at the right setting.

I have the biltz super sound and i have never had a problem with stalling. Even at high or low boost.

I noticed that when i installed my bov that it seemed like the instructions were wrong. It came with a "Y" pipe to mount the BOV to and a hose to reconnect to the stock bov. This would be a semi-closed/open loop cuz some air would be pushed back into the Y-pipe and some would be blown back into the atmosphere.

If yours is set up that way that could be why you are stalling.... i dunno why but it could be.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.