Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a BLITZ BOV to replace my APEXi. My APEXi was a perfect fit replacement for the stock BOV and worked great but I wanted to try the BLITZ since I heard it was louder. I ran into some problems after the BLITZ install.

After the install, my turbos don't want to spool up, like there is a boost leak somewhere and I don't hear blow off sound from the Blitz BOV.

My APEXi has an adapter that connected perfectly to the Y-pipe and the turbo-inercooler pipe just like the stock bov, however the part of the adapter that connected to the turbo-intercooler pipe was capped off (looks like it's there only to keep the APEXi bov connected/mounter to that pipe). My BLITZ adapter has both pipes open. Is this my problem? Am I leaking boost? Should I cap off the pipe going from the BOV to the turbo-intercooler pipe on the adapter?

Also, I have heard that you have to leave your stock BOV when using the BLITZ BOV? I want mine to be loud, and don't mind venting to atmosphere.

Thanks in advance.
Tom

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
I can't answer your question because I don't have a BOV but wanted to post to bring it TTT plus to say if you have your Apexi for sale, I'd like to talk to you about buying it.

Please email me from the link below and we'll talk!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I'll be selling one of them. I like the APEXi but wanted to give BLITZ a try. I'll keep you in mind.

Tom
92 RT/TT
HKS EVC IV, K&N, APEXi BOV.

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
Thanks dude, TTT for ya again... the BOV is the only mod my wife will let me buy right now, only because she REALLY likes the sound of them. :)

I'd probably buy either of them, depending on price.

Well, that and maybe a strut bar, but only because there's FINALLY front ones available. LOL

·
curt93T/T
5,079 Posts
It's been so long since I have seen my car with the OEM setup. I can't remember if the hos from the Y pipe goes to the OEM BOV. But my setup I have a straight hose coming from the Y pipe to the piece that the Blitz BOV connects to. Then I ran the hose from the bottom of the piece down to the stock BOV. The Blitz uses the stock BOV, but I ran with the lower part plugged up and didn't really notice any difference. I hope this helps. Also, while your engine is running pop the hood and hit the gas using the dash pot and you should hear the BOV. If not you might need to adjust the spring tension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts