Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Update 11/14/2020 - lowered the asking price.
Imgur link:
I apologize for the delay, but shortly after I posted in the introductions forum I had to go out of state for a family emergency. I’m back and I finally have time to post the pictures I took before I left just over a week ago.

I have a black 1995 Dodge Stealth RT/TT that I am considering selling. I am the third owner, and it has 97,178 miles on it (~45k miles when I bought in 2001). According to what I've read (3000GT VR-4 & Stealth R/T TT Production), it is one of 553 Stealth RT/TTs produced in 1995 for the North America market. The car and I are located in East Hampton, CT.

This vehicle comes with almost* all options that were available for the 1995 model year. I say almost because I believe the factory anti-theft system may have been neutered as part of the issue described in IMG_2517 below. It also came with 18" chrome wheels, but I sold those a long time ago and installed 17" 5Zigen FN01R-C rims. Other than that, it is all original with a couple more exceptions. I replaced the shift boot not long ago, since the original was falling apart. Also, the stock intake has been replaced with a K&N FIPK, but you can have the original intake too if you want. The original remote key fob is present and somehow still working after 25 years. The 60k maintenance was done on this car.

I believe in transparency for any potential buyer, so I am going to tell you what problems I know to exist. I would expect the same from any of you. The descriptions below match specific photos I have taken, uploaded and linked in this post.

IMG_2517 - Note the battery quick disconnect. There's a parasitic/nuisance draw on the battery, and I had it fixed at one point but it came back. When I know I'm not going to drive it for a while, I just flip the switch and disconnect the battery.
IMG_2519 – Not easy to spot in the image, but there are some swirls in the paint.
IMG_2522 and IMG_2525 - Gravel kicked up from tires caused scratching under rear panel.
IMG_2529 and IMG_2539 - Note odd bump in strip across top of driver door. Was there when I bought it in 2001.
IMG_2530 - Small ding on rear driver's side wheel well.
IMG_2531 - Small scratch on driver side mirror.
IMG_2532 - Small chips on passenger door.
IMG_2533 - Odd spot near sunroof that frankly looks like bird droppings, but is actually some odd scratching.
IMG_2535 - Note damage to panel near driver side seat belt. Was there when I bought it, previous owner blamed it on getting his briefcase out of the back seat.
IMG_2536 - Aftermarket shift boot, the old one fell apart.
IMG_2547 - Small worn section of passenger seat leather.
IMG_2548 - Small worn section of driver seat leather.
IMG_2551 - Small paint chip on spoiler.
IMG_2552 - Hard to see, but the tinting on the rear window has some sections that look odd from inside. Was there when I bought it, but it doesn't show from outside the car.
IMG_2553 - Washer fluid dash light is on, despite it being 3/4 full. Somewhat common problem with these cars.
IMG_2555 - Had to take this in the garage because of the lightning, but you can see a few chips in the hood from rocks/etc on the road. Also, as you can see this is a silver Dodge emblem in the hood. Not long after I bought the car, some [insert colorful language here] backed into/hit it while parked. The bumper and hood were slightly pushed in from this. I had it repaired at a body shop and was pleased to find out they located a silver emblem instead of the black on black that came with the car. I think it looks better that way. There was no other damage to the car, and to my knowledge that’s all that has been replaced other than the stock wheels and intake I mentioned above.
IMG_2559 - Someone, not going to name names here, but at one point I may have, uh this someone, may have pulled too close to concrete parking curbs. You can't see it from up top, but up close under the car you can. For example in IMG_2519, they are only visible if you are squatting close to the ground.
IMG_2562 and 2563 - The plastic/acrylic/whatever it is coating the headlight covers has flaked.

Issues not shown in pictures:

1) If you look at my past profile posts, you'll see reference to my attempt to find an Infinity door speaker, as well as the stock radio's volume issues. The engineering/design behind these sucks, and the volume knob operates with very little regard to what the person turning the knob wants. This has led to a few occasions where trying to adjust it up or down has led to it going way louder than desired. The passenger door speaker sounds worse for wear because of this. At low-middle volume it's not a big deal, but if you turn it up loud the speaker sounds as blown as it probably is. The rest of the speakers sound great. This can either be fixed by replacing the one speaker and head unit, or... lived with.

2) This vehicle has always been garaged. Unfortunately, it's not the only thing that lived in the garage. I found proof of mice under the hood (acorns/etc) and I don't know how long they were there. I've cleaned them and their acorns out as best I can, and there’s nothing currently living in it. The little bastards were under the hood, near the battery.

3) Lifter tick, which I think is something they might well have advertised as a feature for all the 3si cars that have it. I’m no mechanic, or else maybe I would have looked into fixing it.

I always wanted one of these cars ever since they came out. It’s still quite fun to drive and the twin turbos still work great. I don't have the time to devote to taking good care of it anymore, so here we are. I'm going to throw out a number that I think accounts for anything I mentioned above, but also for the fact that there aren't a lot of these on the road anymore. For anyone that might be interested, I have purchased two vehicle reports for it (Carfax, and another NVMTIS provider), showing a clean report. Asking $9500 obo. Asking $8,000 or best offer. If I get no interest here I'll post to the used car sites.

Pictures: 95 RT/TT - Google Drive

·
Registered
1995 Dodge Stealth RT/TT
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump for price change.

·
Registered
546 Posts
Id be an interested buyer with factory wheels installed.

·
Registered
6 Posts
All, I have a pending deal (assuming the car is as described in person) with the seller for a fair agreed upon price. The seller (Brian) has been extremely transparent and easy to interact with after several long texts and back and forth phone calls, FaceTime etc. Yes, I’m a picky buyer. I look forward to seeing the car this Saturday.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If the seller or buyer is interested in a replacement for the rear interior panel with the rips (the one with the speaker grill) I’m about 15 mins away from East Hampton and have a good set available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the note. I have zero clue at what the value of those interior panels would be...my plan was to try my hand with a vinyl repair kit for door cards but I’m sure replacements would look better. Feel free to text me 301-642-9354 the price you want/need.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
@Turboturtle I’ll text you tomorrow, I was only asking $20 for the set. These things are cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts