Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to update everybody where I'm at. This is not a for sale thread and nothing is currently for sale in my pictures. Just finishing up front cases this week. They've taken many many hours to get them to a point where I'm happy with design and fitment. Mids have begun and should only take a couple more weeks to complete. They need more test fitting and adjustment to be where I'd like them. So keep your eyes open these are coming real soon. First cases available will be for those that had already bought covers. They however will be available after to everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good man, let me know if you're willing to take on other small projects.

Message me with ideas I can let you know. Just know it may not be for some time as these are getting done then possibly amother large project right after.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Very impressive!

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
No, but it does exacerbate one of the flaws... their tendency to leak oil. Because they have such a small volume of oil to start with, a small leak becomes a big problem much faster and with less warning time than if it had a larger supply of oil. Adding more capacity would be less of a "fix" and more of "addition of margin to failure".

·
Money pit owner.
2,546 Posts
cool stuff vipershark!! I hope someone (or some vendor) doesn't just take your product, copy it, and then sell it themselves after all your work.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
With all due respect to Vipershark, as the work to go from a sample of a stock transfer case to a full billet replacement case is no small or easy task... this is not a new idea or a new product. Multiple people have made and sold these over the years (I have 2 sitting in my closet), and one could argue he's done to those people exactly what you're throwing shade at other people/vendors for.

And the vendors often make continued offering of pieces like this possible by making the production runs large enough to be profitable. There likely wouldn't be nearly as many Broomfield billet housings out there if, for example, 3sx didn't order enough to stock.

Those billet covers though, as far as I know those are a new product through and through. (and they're gorgeous)

I would not be surprised to see one of our vendors step up and order some of these to stock like they did with Broomfield. It benefits Vipershark (more sales and more product exposure), 3sx (because they'll sell them at a mark-up to cover storage, opportunity costs, and profit), and the community as a whole (easier access, not having to wait for a group buy or minimum production run, and another source for custom made parts).

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks. This definitely has not been an easy task. I started with a stock case and modified it as I saw fit. I used nothing from others previous designs as I find them all flawed and/or bulky with no benefit. This has definitely taken a lot of time to finally get design and fitment absolutely perfect. There are a lot of things to help benefit that I have not disclosed as of yet as I'm trying to keep my design my own.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I do like some of the design changes I can see. My Broomfield case definitely has a good chunk of dead weight sitting on the "nose" that you've eliminated, and it distinguishes yours from the others visually and weight wise.

I have an un-built front and mid case I can weigh if you'd like for comparison.

·
Money pit owner.
2,546 Posts
Thanks. This definitely has not been an easy task. I started with a stock case and modified it as I saw fit. I used nothing from others previous designs as I find them all flawed and/or bulky with no benefit. This has definitely taken a lot of time to finally get design and fitment absolutely perfect. There are a lot of things to help benefit that I have not disclosed as of yet as I'm trying to keep my design my own.
Nice! I'm glad you aren't increasing the bulk because the stock transfer case is heavy AF when you are on your back trying to hold it in place with a rachet lol

Plus, it's real tight/close to the oil pain, so no room there. lol

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I used to own a broomfield that thing weighed a ton. Especially when it's fighting you to get on the output shaft and you're holding it over your head.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts