Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Beach Bum
1,724 Posts
Give the dude a break. He's on our side. I will agree that the original post could have been taken as misleading but he apologized for it and clarified. I don't see why Matt continues to take more crap. I've personally spent thousands of dollars with Dynamic Racing and Matt has been nothing but helpful. He reminds me of Brian in many respects- he answers questions regardless of whether or not you buy from him and he's all about providing quality stuff for our cars. And with respect to misleading info to newbies, you gotta be on crack if you spend over a grand on a product you don't research. I would have called Matt at Dynamic and asked about 100 questions from what color are the things all the way up to what else do I have to buy in conjunction to extract max power. The board here is a great resource to get you on the right track but it will never be able to replace a phone call to the vendor. A lot of us on here ask a ton of questions that can simply be answered by a phone call. If you're going to spend over a grand on turbos, I think you can afford the long distance charges to ask about the product. That's just my opinion on this way blown out of proportion post.

·
Aghhhh
9,731 Posts
I think EVERYONE needs to calm the hell down here. Matt thinks no one trusts him now, and Roger is trying to turn this into a cultural thing! WTF people? This place is very slowly starting to break apart. When we've got two of our best technical guys chomping at each other's throats, this is NOT A GOOD THING!

For Roger: Just because we do things a little differently here, doesn't mean it's the WRONG way. You're always on this board posting the theoricital part of things. A fact which is very much appreciated! However, we've seen very little from you as far as hard performance numbers taken from a dyno or track run. In the year I've been here, I've see you post two dyno runs. Now this is not a flame, but you've got very little room bad mouthing the "new world" style of performance tuning when you yourself have very little to show from your mountains of calculations and theories.

For Matt: I'm sure we can all understand that you were excited about having a new turbo close to market, but a little restraint would have gone a long way. I think much of the blame lies with Japgto. He's out here talking about your turbos (much like he did with Brian's CF hood) before you have a good amount of hard data on them. Someone should put a leash on this guy! Getting back to the point, I'm still very interested in your DR-500 turbos and I'm considering them for my ESX now. :) But maybe next time, put together a slightly more polished product release (or just muzzle Japgto:)) before turning something over to the message board at large. You've got everything to gain and nothing to lose :D

As for everyoner else, let's see if we can get our maturity level back up to where it was 3 months ago? Save the bashing and flames for idiots like FoxyLittle69Devil and the occasional Maxima owner :D The biggest strength of 3SI is its community members. Verbally abusing each other on this board is sure to destroy that strength all too easily :(

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
um...

you guys are pissing me off. i've dealt w/ matt more then any other 3S vendor (even tho i'm in s.d. ca), and he has been nothing but helpful. my whole build up is a result of picking his brain, and asking dumb ass questions(i'm on my third motor 3rd motor which is damn near stock and the most powerful to date). from his staged upgrades to my new kormex tranny(Matt I know you warned me but dumping is so much more fun then slipping!), all my stuff is because of information he has provided. don't know if you folks know about the stillen thing, which only earns him more kool points in my book, but if you don't know you don't need to know. unlike others who sell parts for our cars, Matt actually owns and drives one... a fast one. he knows his shit. get to know the man before you guys start bitching and bashing a kool guy.

Matt! when the hell our you coming out here??? That damn firebird is still kicking my ass!

Terence Lindsey a.k.a. the poor college kid!

-

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
thanks guys!
I will be back out there soon:) the car is getting there and should be ready to run (30psi grin lol) very soon and coming to a track near you:)

"thought I better edit this post and make shore every1 understands the 30psi thing in this post before I start getting blasted that I sed you can run 30psi with dr-500 and stock injectors or something like that.......

ok reddy? I am talking about MY car with fully ported and 15deg clip 368 turbos, 2 denso fuel pumps, 720 cc injectors set to 50psi static on a 1 to 1 rising rate regulator, FMIC, Ross pistons, crommoly rods, ported heads, c16 ect ect ect, and dose not have any thing to do with this thread and the dr-500 turbos!"

[Edited by SnakeSkinner on 10-18-2000 at 07:02 PM]

K

·
0 Posts
Hey All!

This is Mike from Altered Atmosphere.. It has been a while sense I've had time to check out the net and say hello!

At any rate, I'd like to add our experience to this discussion. We are very lucky to have an AWD dyno and it has proven invaluable when it comes to fuel management on the 3000GT and Stealth Twin Turbo.

We have found that the stock turbos nearly exceed the potential of the stock injectors, so I would NOT recommend anyone going to a larger turbo without upgrading their injectors and fuel pump!

In addition, we have found that a small turbo upgrade such as the TD04 13G's is not worth the money if you do not plan to run over 13psi. At 10-13psi there is very little power gain on the dyno. However, at 14-15psi and beyond they are most defiantly worth the $$.

Hope this helps,
Mike
http://www.AlteredAtmosphere.com
1994 Stealth Twin Turbo 550hp at the wheels! (no nos!)

·
Senior Fanatic
6,011 Posts
Hi Mike,

Would it be too much trouble for you to post some graphs of raw data from your dyno - uncorrected torque to the wheel for example? Many misunderstandings, such as the above, occur because of lack of data, or evidence if you will. I am personally in the market for new turbos (the 15Gs are "too small" :)) but need hard data to make the best decision for me and my setup.

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Hello Mike

I must disagree with you here man on that the stock injectors are maxed out in the upper rpm ranges were the stock turbos are making very little boost, even with the boost controller maxed you (around 10psi). We have seen very lo EGT 3's and high (960mv) o2 #'s at 7000rpm with stock turbos maxed out stock turbos, stock injectors, and Denso fuel pump. The hole idea here is to make a cooler flat 14psi boost curve, for lo $

And power #’s on a dyno and track times in the real world often differ…
Are test car will be at the track very soon, and we will let you all know…

And mike any new times at the track with your car and the 16G’s ? I see your posted times are still your old 15G times...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
dammit

Matt! what the hell??? can i get some of your old parts??? update the damn site you know i'm there every other day! don't fake on us this time! which fmic did you go w/? gtpro? for $3300 i could buy you a small country! i guess w/ the fmic i'm building i'm doing the same thing, more choices and an inexspesive alternative. good luck and if i ever get my dash board back on, i'll take my ass to the track, and post a new slip. but you know i'm still trying to crack 11's on the stock turbos! gotta be different!

Mike! post some info man! for $5000 just to upgrade your turbos... i hope you guys are running 9's! not bashing ya! i'm just a broke college kid trying to beat that damn firebird!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
450cc???

MIKE: what about 450cc injectors??? how do they hold up? my car is yet to be tuned but i'm running some weird shit that everyone is telling me not to, and don't wanna blow this one up! thanks!

K

·
0 Posts
Jeff,

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunaly, Josh who worked at AAM and helped out with the website finally moved into the computer industry full time. So it has been hard for us to modify the website lately. But as soon as he gets some free time he's going to teach us how to modify the website, so we should have the dyno graphs up soon!

Mike

K

·
0 Posts
Matt,

We've been really busy lately, so I haven't had much chance to get to the track lately. I did go to ATCO last weekend but only got three runs, and I had a hard time getting used to racing again.

With the new clutch, roll cage, and heavier 18inch. rims/tires, I'm going to have to relearn launching again. Four hours from home without a trailer, I chickened out each time at the line, and only managed a best 60-foot of 2.1 which resulted in a 11.70 at 125.5mph. Not to mention all my friends at the track called me "Grandma" each time I pulled down the return road becaues of my really slow shifting.

Considering the fact I should be able to get 1.7 (if not mid 1.6) 60-foot times with more agressive launching, I think I will have no problem beataing my previous no-nos best of 11.4. I am confident that I will run at least a 11.2 at 128mph without nos, and if I can manage a 1.65 60-foot I forsee 10.90's at 130mph without nos all day long!

When I reach those goals, I will flip on the nos.. :)

Talk to you later,
Mike

·
Beach Bum
1,724 Posts
Mike- did you get rid of your Volk TE-37's? Are you keeping them for racing applications or have you sold them to someone already? Those were some sweet wheels. What kinda wheel are you running on now?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
"""""""For Matt: I'm sure we can all understand that you were excited about having a new turbo close to market, but a little restraint would have gone a long way. I think much of the blame lies with Japgto. He's out here talking about your turbos (much like he did with Brian's CF hood) before you have a good amount of hard data on them. Someone should put a leash on this guy! Getting back to the point, I'm still very interested in your DR-500 turbos and I'm considering them for my ESX now. :) But maybe next time, put together a slightly more polished product release (or just muzzle Japgto:)) before turning something over to the message board at large. You've got everything to gain and nothing to lose :D""""""""

Let me first say, it was NOT my intention to mislead anyone in reguards to what these turbos will or will not do. If ANYONE got the wrong idea I do apologize. As for the above, I am an authorized dealer for GT Pro as well as DR, prior to my post re: DR-500's I spoke with Matt about them, in fact he brought them up to me. I also spoke at length w/ both Matt and Brian re: the CF hood, so put the muzzle down:) I will agree that there needs to be more data on these turbos, becuase a lot of you have a lot of questions, Matt or myself would be happy to talk to anyone about them. As for the CF hood there was NO misinformation about it. Matt and myself are the only ones offering it:)Glad to see things are cooling off, and again I do apologize if I mislead anyone.

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Mike

thats a good time for a 2.1 60ft! lol my 2000 excursion 4x4 with a 7.3L turbo diesel waying in at 7980lb and 36" tall tires cuts 2.2 60ft's @4800ft lol!!! (17.9 1/4:)

sounds like the car will be flying wen you get back in the swing of the 1320... Good job keep me up-dated I would love to here it braking into the 10's off nos!!

my car will be finished soon, we will haft to meet at a track some were and do a heads up race, and show all the nay sayers out there (ie: supra, rx-7 owners) what stealths can do!

L8R

·
Registered
611 Posts
Matt has been very helpful to me in the past as well. I didn't buy anything from him yet b/c I still have to pay for the car, but even so he took the time to answer all my questions.
Anyway the point is that he knows his stuff and no one should be talking shit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
In layman's terms....??

These DR500 turbos will run less boost (14 psi) but all the way through redline as opposed to the stock turbos peaking at 15 psi but dropping before redline? In the end, the car with the stockers would probably make more hp at a certain point but the car with the DR500 would have a better 1/4 time because it held boost throughout.. With a dyno chart, the graph for a car with stock turbos would have a higher peak hp but the curve would be steeper on either side whereas with this hybrid turbo we would see a smoother hp graph and lower peak hp...? Well guys please tell me if I am right or wrong.. I am trying to simplify this so I can see the pluses and minuses of such an upgrade as opposed to regular 13g or the larger 15g turbos. I don't have a TT but its in my future!

Adam
Not true; Matt told me personally 20psi to redline when I visited him in Alamogordo New Mexico, when I was contracting and yes I have run them there using 660cc injectors and front mount intercooler with ARC-2 and so on.

·
Premium Member
6,839 Posts
Not true; Matt told me personally 20psi to redline when I visited him in Alamogordo New Mexico, when I was contracting and yes I have run them there using 660cc injectors and front mount intercooler with ARC-2 and so on.
You bumped a 20 year old thread, to tell us that something someone said 20 years ago is wrong, when how DR500s perform has been documented and proven hundreds of times over that same 20 years, and nobody cares what someone said about them in the year 2000..? 😂🤣

I think you win the oldest thread bump award though.... That's impressive. 😄

·
Registered
5 Posts
You bumped a 20 year old thread, to tell us that something someone said 20 years ago is wrong, when how DR500s perform has been documented and proven hundreds of times over that same 20 years, and nobody cares what someone said about them in the year 2000..? 😂🤣

I think you win the oldest thread bump award though.... That's impressive. 😄
Blessings, I wasn't certian the sight was still active, by the way my 95 is still taking names @ 18 and 20 psi.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts