Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would let everyone know that http://www.thethirdcoast.net is now offering a turbo upgrade from DR that will run with only a fuel pump upgrade(such as the Denso)Nothing else needs to change. These new turbos use a slightly larger wheel than a 13G and will support 500 HP. The wheel has a slight clip and spools up with ease. They will hold much higher pressures deeper into the RPM range than the stock turbos. They are capable of running higher pressures but not without an fuel upgrade. The best thing about these turbos is they are only $1199/pair:) A perfect low-buck upgrade for those who don't yet want to go into the expense of upgrading the entire fuel system.

Thanks All!
TA

[Edited by japgto on 10-18-2000 at 11:10 AM]

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Didn't see the turbos on the site though.
I'm still looking at a new turbos and I've been taking my time until the right deal comes up. Tell me more. What are the details.

J

·
0 Posts
do you have any more info, I couldn't locate them on the turbo portion of the website. thanks.

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
I will reply to this cense these are Dynamic Racing turbos!
the Idea of these turbos is that you can run 13-14 psi (and hold it all the way to 7000rpm) with them with stock injectors, and pump gas. Stomp the hell out of a stock turbo car maxing his 9b's (AKA B2Small lol) peeking to 18or so psi and dropping off to 10psi by redline (and having to run race gas because of the spiking past 15psi)

now if at a later date you want to run more boost and up-grade your injectors these turbos can make 20+psi if needed

there is also a $350 core charge on these turbos refunded with the return of you stock 9b's

let me or tony know if we can help

[Edited by SnakeSkinner on 10-18-2000 at 11:40 AM]

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
It's crap if one says that you can get 500hp without changing the fuel system ! The fuel system can handle about 410hp and that's it. Just use the common formulas and that's it. Even a mega-hyper trippel fuel pump can only deliver fuel but if the injectors are too small then the fuel cannot be sprayed... logically, isn't it ?

The problem ist that even those turbos are running out of their efficiency range on high pressures. A result is much more danger of detonation due to the hot comrpessed air. To prevent this, further things must be done like a bigger intercooler or Water Injection. 20+ psi are possible but with the same danger as 18+ on the 9b.

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
Rogger can you even read? dose it say any were in there that those turbos can make 500hp with the stock fuel sys???
it ses 13-14 PSI with the stock fuel injectors!!! the car will NOT make 500ho with 14 psi!!!

as far as running 20 psi, no matter what turbo you have you will need watter/alkie injection or race gas to run over 15 psi...

maybe you should get your head out of your ass and read the post again Rogger, before blasting me!!!

[Edited by SnakeSkinner on 10-18-2000 at 11:38 AM]

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Matt, I didn't see these on the site? Are they up there somewhere? No one has said what these turbos are?
I've been looking at turbos for some time so i have a bunch of questions.

Are there and specs or data on the turbos we can look at?
Is $1199/pair after core exhcange?
13-14 PSi is obviously with a BC so there is some extra cost on top of the $1199/pair. But with a BC, stock pump and injectors what PSI am I going to be able to get?

What would the hp be for me with these? Obviously having the boost reach 7000 is going to be a benefit but is lag worse than stock turbos?

·
Turbo-Less
8,742 Posts
SnakeSkinner said:
Rogger can you even reed?

maby you should get your hed out of your ass and read the post again Rogger, befor blasting me!!!
[Edited by SnakeSkinner on 10-18-2000 at 10:54 AM]

Hey, that will get them RUNNING to DynamicRacing to do business with you. Good job, you guys sound like a real class act.

BTW, he wasn't blasting your post, he was referring to the OP which says, and I QUOTE:
...with only a fuel pump upgrade(such as the Denso)Nothing else needs to change. These new turbos use a slightly larger wheel than a 13G and will support 500 HP
Roger posted a factual and logical post with common-sense concerns. The OP was very misleading, and Roger had every right to point out the inconsistancies.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Oh, and I wouldn't blast someone for not being able to "reed" if I were you... just about the only word you spelled correctly was ass.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
Matttttt why you start peeing in your pants. I did not answer to your post. And I can read, even when your spell checker is off, LOL. It is interesting how anxious you guys are when someone speaks up.

AND I READ :::

....is now offering a turbo upgrade from DR that will run with ******************* only a fuel pump upgrade(such as the Denso) Nothing else needs to change. These new turbos use a slightly larger wheel than a 13G and will support 500 HP.***************

Now guess what people that are not as professionel as we are do think about what is written ??? Hey, learn to think like a customer with low knowledge and not like a dealer, otherwise you'll stand in the offside pretty soon. I can give some good examples of such shops ;) Now think again about your post, but I guess it was a joke, right ?

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
I have got to get my web guy to up-date the site then thy will be on there... (DR-500's)

you will need a fuel pump, the stock fuel pump in the 3000gt is junk, the stock little injectors can out flow it,
I would not recomend running over 14psi with these turbos with the stock fuel injectors...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
How about posting the info on the DR 500's here first. :) A new turbo option is a great thing. I say, the more options we have the better.
New pump means fuel control electronics right?

·
Registered
12,179 Posts
Rogger, I am truly sorry that I blasted you! The post you posted was after the post I made to clear things up about Tony’s post. There for it seemed that you were tell me that I was full of, as you put it in your post “CRAP”. I do not take kindly to cracks like that, as should you to me telling you to pull your head out of your ass. So for that I am sorry. It is just that I spent a lot of time and money to come up with a lo-buck up grade for all the 3sier’s out there and then to here the word crap in a post set me off!

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
Only to be a devil's advocate, what's the CFM flow on these new turbos? For the simple reasoning that if the 13G's basically take out the stock fuel system at 15PSI, there's going to be an issue with turbos surpassing that flow even under lower boost conditions- there's an inverse proportion running between CFM and boost which if we start paying attention to, will draw us new lines in the sand, and we'll be able to more accurately and safely choose turbochargers suited to our personal upgrade plans. Boost means nothing when the turbocharger is in it's efficency range and blowing more oxygen than the car could handle with smaller turbos at higher boost.

Just a thought,

Kenneth

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Just a thought from a non-technical guy..

Doesn't 13Gs actually flow a lot more air @14psi vs. the stock 9b's? How safe is running ur "slightly larger" than 13G's with stock injectors @14-15 psi with just a fuel pump..

I have 'normal' 13G's, 550's, HKS pump, ARC, FMIC,.. and I'm still get some knock @ 15psi!! (with Rich's datalogger :) ).. not dangerous level tho.. but some.. on '92 pump gas with 3 adults in the car!! :D

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There will be more info up sometime this weekend at http://www.thethirdcoast.net The DR 500’s WILL hold 14 PSI to redline with only a fuel pump upgrade. IF you want to run higher pressures than 14 PSI, you WILL need to upgrade the entire system, just like any other turbo upgrade. Matt has put a lot of research into the design of these turbos; this is not something that was just “made up”. I have spoken with Matt at length about the design of the new turbo and the principal is sound. Neither Matt nor myself would ever offer a product that we did not have 100% confidence in. Roger, this is not the first time you have pissed on something that either myself or Matt has offered, you should take the time to read the post before you start running your mouth about what is “crap”. I never said they would make 500HP with stock fuel, what I said was they are capable of supporting 500HP.

·
Total Posts: 1,736,254
3,499 Posts
AmkreadGTO said:
Just a thought from a non-technical guy..

Doesn't 13Gs actually flow a lot more air @14psi vs. the stock 9b's? How safe is running ur "slightly larger" than 13G's with stock injectors @14-15 psi with just a fuel pump..

I have 'normal' 13G's, 550's, HKS pump, ARC, FMIC,.. and I'm still get some knock @ 15psi!! (with Rich's datalogger :) ).. not dangerous level tho.. but some.. on '92 pump gas with 3 adults in the car!! :D

Very good question Goeorge. I wonder if the "slightly larter than 13G turbo's" will be able to flow a little more air at 14-15psi than a regular 13G, yet keep the intake temps of the air cooler due to their different compressor design.

However, with that huge ass FMIC of yours and all of the other upgrades you've got, I doubt these turbo's would be able to keep the intake air *that* much cooler at comparable boost to a 13G, especially if you're running them on a stock car with no FMIC and only a fuel pump.

Guess the only way to know for sure is to get a fuel pump and test them on an OBDI car and find out ;) I wonder if Dynamic Racing has done this yet???

Later

Matt

http://hometown.aol.com/rhydler/myhomepage/profile.html

[Edited by Matt -- HB Cali on 10-18-2000 at 01:04 PM]

·
Premium Member
2,644 Posts
Roger, this is not the first time you have pissed on something that either myself or Matt has offered, you should take the time to read the post before you start running your mouth about what is “crap”. I never said they would make 500HP with stock fuel, what I said was they are capable of supporting 500HP.
I must say that Roger is the most skeptic (or nearly) when it comes to products. I have been on this board for quite some time and rely on his comments, because I believe he knows that he is talking about. That being said, I think the problem with the OP is a communication issue. The turbos support 500HP. The turbos don't need any more than the stock fuel system. Those are not the exact words used, but many people will read that post and get that information out of it. And, as some know, there is no way that is correct. You can not make 500HP on pump gas with the stock fuel system in this car (unless you like changing pistons). I know (japgto, and matt) that is not what you are saying, but the message can be read that way. That is all I hear Roger talking about.

All that stuff being said, I am upgrading my fuel system right now. I am going to go with the DSM 450cc injectors and a new fuel computer (injectors are free ;)) so this may in fact be the turbo for my setup. I think 15Gs will be too big for my fuel capabilities, but I do also run water injection. So I, too, am interested in hearing more about these turbos. Do you have flow maps for them? Where is their effeciency at redline? What kind of lag do they produce? When will the web page contain this info so retards like me can shut up about it? :D

I am glad that more people have taken initiative to make parts for our cars. We have a small market, but if the right people can get the right products to the right customers I'd imagine that it can also be quite proffitable.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts