Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
davey magic!!
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this car belongs to George benson, benson8277 on here. car came into the shop in shambles, needing mucho tlc. it looked like alot of hands had been in this cookie jar, luckily it was delivered in to the right hands. we tried to use as much of the parts that george had as possible to keep the cost's of the build under control.

the only important mods
pampena 6g72 stroker
twin bb gt3076's
ported heads with pampena headlift fix
ips headers modified with custom external wastegates with external dumps
pampena 4 inch downpipe and catback
4.5 inch intercooler with custom piping.
dual walbro fuel system
broomfield billet tcase
cf driveshaft

as it came in

some of the problems

coming apart

cracked crank

·
davey magic!!
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
aws delete, abs delete, new hubs, new front rack

prepping the engine bay

back together

ok on to the good stuff

·
In a metal band with JCVD
1,761 Posts
Loving it

·
Premium Member
7,101 Posts
Looks great... Poeple just don't understand how much work it is to strip an engine bay for paint until they've had the pleasure... :D

What do you think happend with the timing? They just miss? Or try to compensate for the 1st gen gear/2nd gen pump combo and go the wrong way? It must have run awesome 2 teeth off... lol

·
davey magic!!
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks great... Poeple just don't understand how much work it is to strip an engine bay for paint until they've had the pleasure... :D

What do you think happend with the timing? They just miss? Or try to compensate for the 1st gen gear/2nd gen pump combo and go the wrong way? It must have run awesome 2 teeth off... lol
yeah it was set up the wrong way when compensating.

·
One fix at a time
8,030 Posts
What's going to happen to the old wastegate port on the 02 housings? Just weld it shut? It doesn't look like there's any room left to do anything else. I guess it won't hurt the flow.

·
davey magic!!
6,862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What's going to happen to the old wastegate port on the 02 housings? Just weld it shut? It doesn't look like there's any room left to do anything else. I guess it won't hurt the flow.
i'm just blocking it since it is there for an internal gate, it isn't gonna hurt flow since it is externally gated now

damn i need to do that on my manifolds too. how much do you charge to do that? :D
it was alot of work and very very tight to put the gate where it is, email ray or steve for a price since i don't deal with pricing

·
DR750's cool kid club!
2,432 Posts
Awesome! Keep the good work!

Eric

·
Resident Street Racer
5,605 Posts
x2...that would put a major ding in the wallet. I would hate to remove that front turbo/wg/o2 housing....

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,840 Posts
Lookin' good. Those turbos should be a lot of fun on a 3.5 stroker. Did you go 2.5" o2 housings or bigger?

1 - 20 of 198 Posts