Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few guys asked about these recently. I ran a couple group buys for these billet oil pump gears earlier this year but there are always a few people that miss out.

http://www.3si.org/forum/f25/bfgs-billet-oil-pump-gears-525281/
http://www.3si.org/forum/f25/bfgs-billet-oil-pump-gear-order-2-a-530321/

If we can get at least 5 sets ordered the price should be $465/shipped within the US like the last group buy. Turn around will depend on how many sets and when the group buy closes, but typical turn around has been 5-10 weeks on prior orders.

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no time limit. Just need one more person to commit to buying gears, and verify the other people are still in.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
i'll take the 7th pending your answer to my pm

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I sent PMs to the other guys to make sure they are still interested. I'll contact the shop that makes these for me and get a timing estimate. Chances are with the holidays they are going to be backed up for a while since everyone tends to take vacation around this time.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,294 Posts
Stock pump gears haven't held well with high rpms. No failures, that I've heard, on the billet gears.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
One fix at a time
7,764 Posts
I bought a motor from the old 13T record when it was 472awhp & 511 awtq on a bone stock motor. I believe Keith reved to 8000 rpms. I took the motor apart and the oil pump gears were cracked in three places. I was surprised it didn't come apart and damage the crank or lose a substantial amount of oil pressure. So if you plan on reving your motor past the stock 7200 rpm rev limit I highly recommend that you pick up a set of billet oil pump gears. The stock ones just won't handle the abuse.

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry I was on vacation over most of the past 2 weeks (perk of the auto industry - holiday shutdown). I just sent an email out asking about timing and verification of cost since I didn't hear anything before Christmas. Once I have that I’ll update everyone (hopefully in the next day or two).

1 - 20 of 57 Posts