Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 90 Posts

·
Busted Knuckle Garage
1,713 Posts
Since I'm pushing for my car to be back on the road before these gears ship and not planning a monster build, I'll leave my name off the list so you guys can get on with the group buy. Thanks for all the info! Greatly appreciated!

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Steel was ordered Monday. If we get lucky and there is no scrap there should be enough steel for about 10 sets (maybe 9 worst case). Unless people back out the group buy list is closed. I'll keep everyone posted as to the status.

1) 92pearltt
2) JasonY
3) DanEboy5
4) Whitelightning
5) Klfong (Singapore
6) Flowmaster420
7) Markoverclock ( need them asap )
8) 5.0killer
9) daddybailz
10) PM on 3ST

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I'll inquire with the shop early next week (that would be the 3-week mark) for a scheduling update.

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Current estimate is that the gears will be ready for me to pick up middle of next week. Rough machining is done, finish machining operations to go. Sounds like everyone that wants gears will get them (I might have a couple extra sets).

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
There should be enough gears for anyone that wants a set in this group buy. They should be shipping late next week if things stay on track.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Thanks for the update. Do let us know when you want the $$ sent (and the total for me with the extra shipping:).

·
Registered
357 Posts
What kind of steel is that made from?

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
What kind of steel is that made from?
I use a specialty alloy steel that falls between a standard alloy steel such as sae 4340 and an O-series tool steel in physical/mechanical properties. The gears are heat treated (quenched and tempered) for a good balance of strength and toughness.

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
Since I know gears are almost ready I'll start accepting payments now. Paypal is [email protected]. I'm currently planning to pick them up from the shop on Wednesday or Thursday next week and I'll ship them the following day. Please plan on paying by Friday next week. Current list of people...

1) 92pearltt
2) JasonY
3) DanEboy5
4) Whitelightning
5) Klfong (Singapore
6) Flowmaster420
7) Markoverclock ( need them asap )
8) 5.0killer
9) daddybailz
10-11) PMs
12) DragPro

·
3S= South Side Stealths
1,128 Posts
Money sent. Thanks Wayne!

-Dan

·
GGH
482 Posts
Money sent, Thanks for the gears, just picked up a SCE oil pan. Made a front mount oil cooler off a ford extended cab truck top connectors with flanged fittings. Had special hoses made with paint cost 115.00 bucks. Covers the whole front of the radiator holds almost a quart and tested it flows 70 percent better then stock. Next windage tray and scrapers.

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I know its super late...but is it still possible to get in on this? I have money in hand...
Yep, I have some extra gear sets so no worries, just add your name to the list, send me $ via paypal, and please include a note with your 3si username so I can keep track of everyone :)

·
access denied
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
Please post/update this list after you send paypal payment. Also again please put your username somewhere in your paypal comments, and if you don't have a confirmed paypal shipping address (some people send $ as gifts, etc) please shoot me a PM to confirm.

1) 92pearltt
2) JasonY
3) DanEboy5 - paid
4) Whitelightning - paid
5) Klfong (Singapore) - paid
6) Flowmaster420
7) Markoverclock
8) 5.0killer
9) daddybailz
10-11) PMs
12) DragPro
13) Vantage