Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm comin' home like 5 in the morning on the FDR in Manhattan's East Side. Cruisin' at 65 or so....I look in my rear-view and see those familiar beedy-little "super-white" projector lights comin' up on me.......yup, you guessed it...what else but another body-kitted Integra. (Those Intergas must come fully kitted and riced-out straight from the factory with the Altezza lights 'n' all these days, 'cause I never see those things plain anymore. Furthermore, Honda...uhmmm...I mean Acura must market those things as an $18K Ferrari, 'cause every asshole who buys one thinks its an exotic racecar or somesh*t.) Anyways, not to get off the topic here, he comes up and pulls alongside me, looks over and then guns it. Light traffic on the road, so I figure why not.....I punch it and stay on his bumper. We cut in and out of lanes to get ahead. I'm ahead of him now and we're in the clear so I floor it....I look in my rear view like a few seconds later and he's dropped off 'cause he can't keep up on an open road.:p Damn, now I got noone to go the rest of the way home with....:mad:
Not to worry, there's always another ricer always around the corner......like 30 seconds later, I'm cruisin' at 50 again (hoping the Integra will catch up) and this full-on rice machine jets by me...turns out to be a Nissan Sentra all "hooked up". It's embarrassing to even give this idiot the time of day, so I let him go. Low and behold, he slows down to wait for me...when I catch up, he floors it again....does this like 2,3 times before I get pissed off. What the heck....I don't see any real cars around to race with so I figure I could use the practice. We're on local streets now, getting ready to get onto another highway (this one is a wide, elevated road with no shoulders and a 1 1/2 mile straightaway). I let him pass me and get a nice headstart to the on-ramp. He floors it and gets passed this minivan which gets in my way and crawls up the ramp at like 30mph. I'm stuck behind this shit now and the Sentra's gone. I get to the top of the ramp and see he's got a good 250 yard jump on me and he's going full-throttle (I could barely make out his taillights). I'm at 40mph and think he may have too much of a lead on me by now, but I got nothing to lose so I floor it. He's in the left lane and I'm gaining on him real quick in the middle lane, and he sees me comin' so he cuts into my lane...so I switch to the left lane and he switches back in front of me....What a f*cking *ssh*le!!!:mad: He figures his best shot is to just block me...so I stay behind him in the same lane and as I get within 10-15 feet of his tail, I cut back into the middle lane and pass him at 130mph.....he must've been doing about 110. I thought about flipping him off, but I decided not to take either hand off the steering wheel at that speed. He must've felt like the biggest d*ck in the world for spending any money hookin' that POS up. I know this incident isn't anything to speak of proudly (since it was a ricer POS and not a real car), but hey, we all need some practice sometime and we also need to put some of the ricers in their place once in a while.

·
HIGHRISK
501 Posts
What the fuck? Blocking you off like that? Does this fool not value his life or his rice-mobile? Some people should be shot or something. Oh well, nice kills.......I guess. Either that or nice practice ;)

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
zc. what is your car, year model.

and id stop bashing peoples cars just cause they dont look as pretty as yours. My integra ran about a 14.9 w/o nos and my freinds ran a 13 flat, with it. so bash all you want but there are "ricemobeils that can smoke you"

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nappy TT wrote
id stop bashing peoples cars just cause they dont look as pretty as yours. My integra ran about a 14.9 w/o nos and my freinds ran a 13 flat, with it. so bash all you want but there are "ricemobeils that can smoke you
Fist of all Nappy, I'm not bashing people's cars just 'cause "they dont look as pretty as mines" as you put it. If you read the entire thread, you'd see that I said these guys came up on me and wanted to challenge me, not the other way around. The way I see it, if they dress their cars up to be "race-car" wannabees, and drive around on the streets revving at every sportscar they see, and speed all the time like they were Jeff Gordon, and then can't even back their shit up....then fuck 'em....they deserve to be labelled "rice-mobiles" If they can back it up, then that would be a different story, now wouldn't it? Then none of us could call them rice, could we?

As for you running 14 flats n all that other crap with and without nitro------ask me if I give a flying f*ck about what you do. There are plenty of people running under 10's out there, but what the hell's that got to do with anything?

Hell, I know there are plenty of cars out there (Integras, Civics, etc.) that can burn alot of 3000GTs/Stealths out there? So what? What's that got to do with me and what I talked about? And there are alot more 3000GTs/Stealths out there that can burn Integras, Civics, etc.....but what the hell's the point? There is no point, is there? Bottomline, you just got ticked off 'cause your car fits the description of what I mentioned earlier.......you probably got it all hooked up n shit and think your all big n bad. Well, I'd like to see you talk all your trash about running 13's and 14's with a stock Integra.

Man, don't even try to pick your bones with me.....peddle your trash talk elsewhere. Oh, and as for the info on my ride, don't worry.....I got enough mods under my hood to back my shit up without having to resort to "dressing the car up" to make it look fast.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Nappy TT said:
zc. what is your car, year model.

and id stop bashing peoples cars just cause they dont look as pretty as yours. My integra ran about a 14.9 w/o nos and my freinds ran a 13 flat, with it. so bash all you want but there are "ricemobeils that can smoke you"
The term "rice" implies all show, no go. If its fast, its not a ricemobile.

.jon

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
If it has a 3 foot tall wing and lit up washer nozzles, it's rice to me... even if it runs 12's.

·
Registered
856 Posts
WICKEDDREW said:
If it has a 3 foot tall wing and lit up washer nozzles, it's rice to me... even if it runs 12's.
I definatly see what you mean.

Drew - what mods did u run the 14.48 w/ ? That was in the stealth, correct?

Speaking of light up washer nozzles - i saw one guy that had them hooked up to a dual purge (for his nitrous) coming out the hood. And when he hit the purge, it turned on the lights, and the n2o glowed blue. looked absolutely amazing.

but yes, light-up washer nozzles = ghey

.jon

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
What kind of Integra run 14's fully stock. Unless you have a Type R or a GSR you are not going to be running 14's fully stock with an integra. HEHEE:D . The GSR will have trouble breaking a 14.9 or even a 15.2 lol...they are 15.8 to 16 sec cars. But if you have had that experience with a stock Integra that is pretty awesome.

Nice kills though man, you kicked some good ass. :D , and even a better job not flicking him off...you dont want to do that going 130mph. HEHE:D

ALSO NOZZLE LIGHTS LOOK GAYYY!!!!!!!!!:D .... my .02 cents not everybody thinks like I do.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Butttt... HEHE :D .... Integras are very easy to modify so I can definatly believe that they can break 14.9's or 13's. ;) But I would definatly not own one unless it was a Type R. LOL:D

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
z3. what the fuck are u talking about dude. Calm down. I didnt talk any trash, i was stating a point and saying that calling things rice and bashing it simply on the fact u dont aprove is wrong.

And im sorry if these so called "ricemobeils" bother you. Good for them if they want to race, its fun. Id race any lambo, mclaren, 911 that ever lined up next to me, light or freeway. Who cares if i lose its fun.

Not everybody who drives a shitty car and revs on you thinks they will win. They just want to see what u have. I raced a viper in my integ. when it was still stock. I knew i would lose, he knew i would lose. But he was still cool with it.

So dont be a dickhead. If u dont want to race. dont. IF you dont want to race, dont flick them off because they do. Your an asshole, who is making judgements on people out to enjoy themselves.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay Nappy,

Maybe I got a bit pissed off about what you said, but you gotta admit you came at me all wrong.

You're the one who started talking shit about how there are "rice-mobiles" out there that can smoke me n shit. If they're all hooked-up and fast enough to burn me, then I wouldn't call them rice.......rice is a term (in my mind) reserved for cars that are all hooked-up, go around challenging people and can't even hang for shit in a race.

You just got pissed off at me raggin' on the "rice-mobiles" 'cause you happen to own an Integra and you thought I was callin' all Integras rice. Just to clear the air, all Integras are not rice, just the ones that are all hooked-up and can't move for shit. If yours falls in this category, then you drive a "rice-mobile" and there ain't a damn thing I can do about it, if yours doesn't fall in this category, then what the hell you all pissed about?

P.S. Don't call me an asshole for judging guys who hook their cars up, challenge guys like me on the road, and then when they start losing, try to block me off from passing.....now that guy was a certified asshole ricer.

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
first off just to be clear im not tryin to talk shit.

I used to own an integra, and all it had outside were lights, rims and lowered. (not like u care)

as for the guy who cut u off he was a dick, u have my permission to break check him into a ravine. I was asuming u ment all racers slower then u.

O and i was asking what u had in your car, out of interest, not to trash your car. I realy would like to know what u got under the hood, and am still open for a responce if u dont hate me.;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Okay Napster,

Since we've burried the hatchet and you say that you asked about what mods I have out of interest and not to talk trash, here's what I have so far on my 93 SL:

K&N intake, Jet Performance ECU upgrade, Unothodox underdrive pulley, Intrax springs, Fidanza flywheel, cross-drilled rotors all around, no resonator, Random Technology high-flow cat, 450cc 2nd gen DSM injectors, Denso fuel pump rewired to deliver ~13 volts, Eagle Alloy type 077 18" rims. I also have superficial mods such as the Kaze front lip spoiler, painted calipers, custom stereo system, HID headlight conversion done (the real shit, not the $10 "super-white" bulbs). I plan to put a front mesh grille on and paint certain interior components just to accent.

I haven't gotten an exhaust system yet 'cause I was afraid of getting a ticket with alot of the aftermarket systems (due to their loudness), but that's next on my list 'cause my system is old and needs to be replaced soon anyways. Then I wanna go for the cam gears and am toying with the idea of either NO2 or a supercharger....gotta find out more about it though before jumping in.....superchargers cost way too much.
;)

So what mods you got in the 91 TT? (I'm also askin' out of interest, not to talk trash);)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
ZC3000 ~~~ Nice mods man ..... what are you running in the 1/4??? Also, you got any pics of the car? HEHE:p

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh, btw, forgot to mention the basic stuff such as the Denso Iridium spark plugs and Magnecore 8.5mm wires....not sure if they helped performance though....if they did, it was quite subtle.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
4u2nv,

I have some old pics that I took when the car was new(didn't have shit on it back then)....I stopped taking pics after a while 'cause it got tedious....and also 'cause my cheap-ass scanner stopped workin' when I upgraded from Windows98 to Windows2000.:mad: I couldn't find a Win2K driver for it to save my life.....now I know only to buy name brand PC components.;)

·
napalm death
1,545 Posts
the only things i have are in my signature. But since my car is currently immobile its pretty much worthless. Ill hopefully have the tranny and head gasket taken care of by chirstmas.

Sweet mods so far on you part. Id look into that supercharger, ive been hearing realy good things about it so far. And i think the forged pistons are a must if you have that done... but not sure bout that

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
ZC3000 your SL sounds like it is a giant improvement over stock. Wondering what hp you are pushing and what you run in the 1/4mile. Also, about your fear of loud exausts: If you get the cat back or full exaust custom done at a respectable muffler shop with 3 inch piping it won't be very loud, when it gets ridiculous is when you just strap on the mufflers to the small stock exaust then its loud. Anyways, it sounds like you know what your doing and hope you keep the kills coming.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
VRMAN,

Thanks dude. Yeah, it's a hell of an improvement over when I first got it.....night and day to be exact....although I wish I had the VR4 like you. ;) I never dyno'ed it, but I figure 222hp stock + maybe somewhere in the neighborhood of 25-35hp (guesstimating). The Fidanza flywheel doesn't really add to the hp count, but I can swear to you it makes one hell of a BIG difference in pickup.....I highly recommend to anyone with a N/A car (the VR4s kick ass regardless).
As for 1/4 mile times....never really took an accurate count but one of my friends timed me....he said somewhere around mid 14's (he's not very reliable...'cause he owns an M3 and he really doesn't want mines to be faster).
I'm getting an exhaust system soon. Shane_Baker_19 has a thread on this board where he's selling a nice custom 3" system for around $500....alot of people seem to be satisfied with it, so I'm gonna probably go with that real soon....he provides optional silencers as well(just what I need).
Hehe....I know exactly what you mean about the ridiculous stock exhausts with the strap-on mufflers.....I'll leave that mod to the ricers.;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts