Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
PING? PONG!
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question.. What should I get along with the MSD 6A Inition Control unit? I want to get more performance out of my engine. Currently i'm using 75 shot NOS, and I want the best results. Someone told me to upgrade my ignition system. I now have MSD 6A, Somewhere on other posts i read that i needed Tach adapter. Should I also get a timing controls? what about distributors? Can someone give me EXACT setup that I should go with on my SOHC engine? I heard about getting DIS2 also, but somewhere i read that DIS2 dons't work with SOHC? can someone point me to the right direction?

Thanks

-PiNG

·
PING? PONG!
663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT

TTT :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
SOHC NOS

How are you likeing the 75 shot on your car? I've got a 97 SOHC that I've been thinking about slapping some NOS on and was wondering how much of an exxect it's made on the car.

·
3si Member #46
581 Posts
Ping,

Hey I just bought the same ignition you have from Super C, but from talks with someone with MSD, they said if there is a problem with the factory tach, so use this tach adapter: PN 8910 and that I could use PN 8207 Blaster SS Coil as an exchange for your original coil, this will be
a universal coil but will work for your application.

That is the info that I received from MSD.

Josh

·
Dangeresque
1,332 Posts
MSD

Im running the MSD 6AL and i needed the tach adaptor. Without it you have no tach. I used the blaster 3 coil with magnecore 8.5 plug wires, ngk platinum plugs, and advanced the timig 5 degress. Hell i advanced the timing before i got the MSD box and noticed a couple tenths at the track. Bets of luck to ya!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
jrwillis -- I've got a 70 shot of nitrous on my car and I like it a lot. Definitely the biggest bang for the buck.

·
Now BOOSTED
926 Posts
Ping:

I'm going with a 75 shot as well. Do you have any track times with/without Nitrous? Do you use it in all gears or just in 1st, 2nd and 3rd?

The DIS are for distributorless cars (DOHC). You will definately need the tach adapter, and I recommend you go with the 6AL (price difference is like $10 or $20), since for about $60 you can get a timing retard that will allow you to retard the timing from your cockpit (that'll help you avoid detonation with NOS, and advance it for when running without it). You might also want to get a blaster coil, wires and new plugs.

I also got a good deal on a VR-4 pump/injectors, so i'll be putting them in with a SAFC.

Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts