Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna get some lightweight rims, but I don't wanna spend a fortune, and I also dont want white colored ones like alot of lightweight ones. Any recommendations? BTW, what do the stock ones weigh?

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
enkei has a few nice wheels that are 17*8, weight around 15-16 lbs.

Enkei Bortex RPM2 - 17*8 - "hyper silver" in color, weighs 16.8 lbs. They are 205.00 each from www.whalentire.com

Matt

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a set of 17" ADR RS Limited Mase (silver) wheels for $119 and they're 17.5 lbs. I'm thinking of getting them. I don't think I can do much better than that for the price.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I have Enkei RS-6's, I have no idea how much they weigh, anyone know if they are light or not?

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I am trying to save up for the SSR Type C rims. They are black with a machined lip. 17's are 13.1 pounds. One of the lightest rim's that are made that big. The only problem is, is that one rim is $375. It all depends on how bad you want them. They look sweet too.

·
Premium Member
14,048 Posts
Richy T. said:
volk t-73 or t-37's, i can't remember which ones
TE-37's...They're like $500 a piece though.

If you don't want to spend alot of money it's gonna be hard to get a wheel under 20lbs. However there are alot of nice, fairly cheap wheels just over 20lbs which is alot lighter than stock.

Terry

·
Registered
137 Posts
SpeedFreakSteve: I wanted the ADR Mase's too! Until I saw they were only 7.5 inches wide :( Our STOCK roms are 8" and we still get wheelspin!!!!

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for pointing that out Red.gto. Yeah I will look more closely from now on. Maybe that extra 0.5" shaved a pound or two off the weight. :)

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
No matter what, we will always get wheel, unless we go Limited Slip Differential. That .5 will not do much...lol...I think the SSR's are .5 and they will not make that much of a difference in traction. They will pay off more later on, just because of the weight decrease from the stock rims. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts