Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im tired of my puny sound system for my PC and i want something that will get loud but stay clear, and also hit pretty hard. I bought my dad an Altec Lansing ATP3 i think and i like it, but i want something that is surround for my games, and has a bit more bass. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
fastrnyou said:
Im tired of my puny sound system for my PC and i want something that will get loud but stay clear, and also hit pretty hard. I bought my dad an Altec Lansing ATP3 i think and i like it, but i want something that is surround for my games, and has a bit more bass. Any suggestions?
Klipsch 5.1 ............... HANDS DOWN NEVER TO COME UP AGAIN!:D:D

Klipsch gets nothing but "kick ass" awards in Maximum PC magazine and my lil brother has them in his dorm room and people "3" floors down can here him when he cranks it up!:D:D

EDIT: Here's a link: http://www.klipsch.com/index.asp?path=/products/productdetail.asp?frame=y&id=398&line=&1

·
Registered
434 Posts
I personally have the Boston Acoustics BA6000 ....they're bad ass and better than the klipshe, yet not as expensive as the Bose901's

if you want quality, this is what i recommend over any pc speaker systen that can be bought at best buy or circuit city

just my .02 cents

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
The Klipsch 5.1 is a hell of a speaker system. They sell at besbuy for around 299$. Id highly reccomend this if you have the money

·
I am the 1.85% =
2,362 Posts
If you were looking for a little less expensive setup, look into Cambridge Soundworks. They have a 5.1 Digial setup that sounds absolutley amazing. My friend bought it for his video gams and dvds and it is really great. i only listen to music on my PC so I bought the SoundWorks MusicWorks and it is great. I can turn it as loud as I want with little to no distortion.

4,448 Posts
just hook your computer up to your home stereo :) that's what everyone here at school does. it works very well, especially if my white-who-tries-to-be-black roommate is listening to hardcore rap music. i just crank it up and we decide to listen to my music :D

·
'91 & '92 VR4s + '99SL
544 Posts
Monsoon electrostats with subwoofer. Absolute pure reproduction and they crank out 125db at 3 meters with zero distortion :eek: :eek:

Sounds better than my $2000 home theatre system.

Now you can all put your hands down.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Best PC Speakers - period

Martin Logan has a set of Electrostatic Ribbon Tweeter with a 1000 watt powered Sub - the system will set you back about $7,000.00 for 2 speakers and the sub. The AMPs that come with the speaker are Solid State vacuum tube amps - I am sure they will sound better than my multi thousand dollar home theater system. (but not better than my Martin Logan Monolith speakers I have on the sterio system in my living room)

Here is a Photo of my dream speakers...anyone have $60,000 I can borrow for speakers?....

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Oh!!!

And I have the Monoliths that I might be selling - they look just like this new Prodigy, only mine have a cloth cover over the entire speaker to prevent dust and animail hair from collecting on the ribbons - anyone interested?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Klipsch

Klipsch! I have the 4.1 system. BEST SPEAKERS EVER. THX certified and all. Best speakers on earth and the price isnt really that bad.

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
If you don't want to spend the money, then take a look at the Labtec Pulse 424. Only a 2.1 but if you don't care about a center channel then get two.:D I payed $30 for mine. They are very nice but at real LOUD! volumes the satellites can be lacking but the sub shakes stuff upstairs.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Under $200 is what im looking to spend, if i spend any more then there is a DVD system i want that is incredably clear and loud.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
fastrnyou said:
Under $200 is what im looking to spend, if i spend any more then there is a DVD system i want that is incredably clear and loud.
Nah! Come on!!:D Save up a little more and get the Klipsch.. Trust me!! They are BY FAR the best PC computer system out to date. Don't care what anyone else says. Read any review you can find and you will see. If anyone can prove me wrong then I'm all ears/eyes.:D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I think that it is ignorant

To think that you are going to get actual 5.1 7.1 or DTS sound from a damn comptuer. How do you get the seperation on the channels? Surround sound is supposed to surround you - but you should not be able to "see" the speakers with your ears. My theater for instance, the front speakers are 6' from the center speaker - 12' apart. They sit exactly 27" from the rear wall and 32" from the side walls - I sit in the center of the area at 1.5 times the distance of the seperation of the front speakers - 18' from the TV. The sides are next to me, the rears are 6' back and 1' from the side and rear walls - there are 3 total subwoofers - spaced out evenly.

Now - how can a computer get you surround sound on a damn desk? I know that the spacial qualities of any 5.1 sound track will be lost for certain if the speakers are only 2' apart.....

There - I am done griping. But I think that if you want a theater - buy a theate, not a computer,

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
I think the idea of the setup on computers is for gaming. It can be used for other things and does quite well for the person at the desk. Another thing is the cost involved. Those subs you have probably were as much or more than the whole Klipsch system.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
TFXP-Zeke01 said:

Save up a little more and get the Klipsch.. Trust me!! They are BY FAR the best PC computer system out to date. Don't care what anyone else says. Read any review you can find and you will see. If anyone can prove me wrong then I'm all ears/eyes.:D

YOu must note that they are the "best" in a reviewers opionion -and at a price point. I am certain that there are better systems out there - such as the Martin Logan computer system setup...but what do they cost????

I thought my speakers were great - then I heard a freinds system - B&W Nautilus - but then again I did not pay $200,000.00 for two speakers, another $15,000 for amps, $5,000.00 for a CD Player and $3,000.00 for 12' of speaker cable.

·
mmm.. caffeine
3,868 Posts
And I thought the Klipsh were pricey.:p :eek:

That is stupid unless he is filthy rich....and I am guessing he is. Dropping a quarter of a million on Computer speakers is pretty stupid. I'd rather have a Lambo. But he probably already does.

btw....I think I would like to be that Martin Logan guy.:D

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
No Lambo

He has a Mercedes CL600, 2001 - 911 Turbo, 2 Boxter "S", a Jaguar XJR, a big ass truck with TV's in it and an airplane - he is a surgeon.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
I have some Klipsch Promedias V2.400 speakers that I'm not even using because my neighbors in my apartment complex started beating on the walls whenever I played my games hehe.. and I had them at about 5% volume :)
Now I'm using some headphones...

There's also some new logitech speakers out that are supposed to be BETTER than klipsch and they're only like $150... was reading about them the other day. Trick is to find them in stock. :)
I think Gateway systems ship with them.

Edit just did a little searching... found a review for the logitech speakers @ http://gear.ign.com/articles/307333p1.html
Conclusion

The 560s outrun the best of them for about 2/3 the price. The sound is stunningly good, and better than you'll most likely ever hear in a $200.00 system. I don't know how the competition will respond to the 560s, but they'd better do something.

Recommended without reservation.

BTW... don't rule out a good set of headphones for gaming... you can't beat em :)
Visit the anandtech forums @ http://forums.anandtech.com and do a search... you'll find more than enough info on speakers/headphones.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Record9ti said:

YOu must note that they are the "best" in a reviewers opionion -and at a price point. I am certain that there are better systems out there - such as the Martin Logan computer system setup...but what do they cost????

I thought my speakers were great - then I heard a freinds system - B&W Nautilus - but then again I did not pay $200,000.00 for two speakers, another $15,000 for amps, $5,000.00 for a CD Player and $3,000.00 for 12' of speaker cable.
LOL!! WTF are you talking about?:rolleyes: OK! My BAD if my recommendation didn't cost enough for you!:rolleyes: Speakers don't have to cost as much as a car to DOMINATE! Let me rephrase something. Maybe I should have constructed my phrase, "they are the best", for people outside the MILLIONAIRE club. Obviously "fastrnyou" doesn't have the almighty funds that you or your rich buddies have, so he wants the "best" PC speaker system he can AFFORD on his budget which is "under $200" if I recall........hmmmm let me go check and see to be sure............YEP! that's what he posted!:D Here I'll even quote it for you:
fastrnyou said:
Under $200 is what im looking to spend
Now!! I don't want to start a flame war with you! I simply stated that the Promedia 5.1 or 4.1 is the best PC speaker system, for the majority. I'm sure there are other nice PC speaker systems out there, but reviews from major PC magazines are given for a reason. They are tested extensively!! Now granted if certain people admire a certain product like "labtec" and think it's better. Well, that means it's better to them; it doesn't mean that it's the best speaker system overall.......just to them. Hey! If you can afford a set of $20,000 speakers and a $25,000 52" plasma screen to go along with it and you think it's the best then.....well........good for you. You got a lot more money than most people to spend and I congratulate you on your hard work/inheritance/lottery win or whatever. To conclude this, why don't you scroll through and see what the majority of speakers mentioned in this thread consist of. I count "3" and all seem to love theirs and think they sound pretty damn sweet. I have heard of at least 4 popular brand PC speaker systems and I have to say that Klipsch beats all of them hands down.

You seem to hold animosity toward Klipsch or the idea that they are the highest rated speakers to date by Article reviews/User recommendations/My personal experience hearing them, etc..... Not to say something won't come out tomorrow and beat it. But for now, Klipsch is King..... All I can tell "fastrnyou" to do is go to a PC store and listening for himself and if he doesn't like them then that is his "valuable" opinion. If he doesn't then I'll see to it that I spend my whole life making sure people know how much Klipsch speakers suck. But ya know............for some reason I don't think that would happen!:p :D :D

1 - 20 of 32 Posts