Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I got some Infiniti reference 605.cs (mmmm very nice) got em all installed except for the crossovers. For some reason the guy who owned the car before me had some stuff upgraded, one of the things that apparantly were done was that the dash speakers were wired to the door speakers somewhere in the dash (and I really don't want to embark on the adventure of finding the wires for that). So I'm running them without the crossovers.
I was able to mount the tweeters in the rotatable aimable pods, I am wondering what the best aiming position would be in our cars. I've got em facing inwards slightly, and aiming forward a bit towards the window.
Also, if anyone knows any way I can get the signal seperated without ripping my dash up, I would really appreciate it. :)

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
TTT

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I did my crossovers in the console. It is pretty easy to pull wire down under the dash and move it to the center console behind the floor vents. Just get a light and lie under the dash you can poke the wires down. AND USE THE CROSSOVERS BRO THEY ARE NESSICARY!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As you may have noticed in the other post, there was no way for me to use the wiring from the crossovers, I've got em in my trunk, with new monster cable wires (I fell in love with the ez-strips) for both all the way up to my console, so once I'm able to do it, its all good. I'm gonna mess around with the wiring tonight.

Anyways, my question is on the tweeter positions :p I think I got a good position now tho.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Mine are in the dash and they sound pretty good. Some people say they would sound less hars in the floor but I always have passengers and want my highs higher up. Maybe it is just me but when your playing drums the cymbal is just a little bit above ear level so thats what I like. I am thinking of putting them on the window frame though thats how a lot of custom installs have them.

Are you running an amp on yours I need an amp badly but I am a little strapped for cash since my bearings went out on my car :(

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I updated my profile information with all my car stuff.

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
saq! you need those crossovers man! you will tear those tweets up really quickly without a xover...

on aiming them you will have to experiment, but try aiming them at the out and toward the winshield, i have heard of people in other cars liking this, it diffuses the tweets slightly for a smoother sound....

KC

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Check my other post, I got em in there finally.

·
Registered
183 Posts
dash tweets

hey i replaced my dash tweeters with kappas recently and they came with new crossovers. I didnt use the new crossovers because i thought the factory tweeters already had a crossover somewhere already. Is this true or am i mistaken and going to eventually mess up my new tweeters? Would it hurt to just throw in the crossovers with the chance that there may be a factory crossover somewhere already? :confused:

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Put those crossovers in, it makes a big difference.
The way I found it in my 92, there were two wires going into the left + and - terminal on the wiring harness, one has a silver ring. Go ahead and clip that one, crimp it to a pair of wires, and run that to the tweeter slot on the crossover. Hopefully, you will have the same deal going on with the right + and -. But if not, you might have to do what I did. Take off the top screws and bolts and the lower rear side bolt (open position, in the side in the back) and you will be able to tilt the glove box down, allowing you to run wire from the right tweeter position to the center console, hook it up there.

·
Eat strawberries
855 Posts
I Have my tweets in teh dash and pointed them towards the
A-Pillars. I have tried every oither position and i think this sounds the best. It widens the sound stage a bit. And gives teh music more depth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts