Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted a 3000gt since the gran turismo 1 days. Finally got the chance to snag one turns out its a pretty rare one at that. a 1994 yellow pearl with tan seats and red carpeting. To be frank wasn't a fan of the color scheme but wanted 1 of these enough that it didn't bother me much at all. Though did find out later that it is #6 of 28 identicals made so probably very few if any of this type are still driving around. Have a build thread going because im doing an N/A build on it including
vr-4 front conversion
intake manifold
90mm TB
Headers
bc 272 cams,high rev springs and retainers

Then going to purchase a 2-bolt block for it and proceed to build it with 12.5:1 pistons and H-beam rods trying to reduce some weight in the rotating assembly and get billet oil pump gears and re-build the transmission so i can get the most out of the higher revs. ATM i don't have a garage so everything is done in the driveway or either i take it to work..I do happen to work as a detailer at a mitsubishi dealership. Before this i worked as a jet engine tech for the USAF on C-5b's at Dover afb DE with the 436 amxs 2006-2012. Picked her up for 2,000$ thought she was pretty much in pristine condition for the year. Has 170k miles on but was in really good shape.

So anyway heres the car:

Attachments

·
Verified Seller
191 Posts
Welcome! I have not seen that color combo before. What do you mean by vr4 front conversion? Are you talking about the twin turbo swap?

·
Money pit owner.
2,690 Posts
Nice colors! welcome to the site, lots and lots of reading you can do here in the various forums.

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,263 Posts
Welcome!

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome! I have not seen that color combo before. What do you mean by vr4 front conversion? Are you talking about the twin turbo swap?
No I took the front spindles,brakes, tie rod ends from a vr4 and installed them on my car. So it's an SL with gen 1 vr4 brakes on it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts