Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FOR SALE: BLACK 1997 3000GT VR4

I’ve spent the last week trying to think of a way to keep from selling my most prized possession, but unfortunately I just can’t afford it anymore. :( I received my second speeding ticket in 6 months on Friday, and due to my rising insurance rates and poor college student budget I have to sell my baby. The car looks exactly like Ruiner's old car, with the exception of my two dual cannon exhaust tips, which look much better than the Borla in my honest opinion. Even the chome diamond star emblem on the front is the same. This car gets looks from people on the street like no other vehicle I’ve ever seen. In fact, a few months ago a guy in a Camaro rear-ended a van while he was staring at my car instead of watching oncoming traffic! :p My car is in overall excellent condition. It has a few minor flaws including a small scuff on the corner of the passenger side seat and some minor scratches on the paint behind the drivers side door. It also has a small ding on the outer rim of one of the wheels from the previous owner. The rest of the factory 18” chrome wheels look brand new. Aside from those few things the car is in pristine condition. It has been babied since the day I bought it. It has 64,000 mostly highway miles. It has never been smoked or eaten in and is always kept in the garage. In fact, this is basically a brand new car if you consider the fact that the engine and tranny both have less than 15,000 miles on them. The oil pump quit at 50k and caused the stock engine to throw a rod. Luckily it was still under warranty and Mitsu replaced it with a brand new short-block:D There are now only 15k miles on the new engine. The first gear synchro was sticking when I first bought the car so Mitsu also installed a brand new transmission free of charge. I have paperwork for all of the dealers replacement parts and labor as well as documentation of all of my oil changes and the 60k tuneup. This car is incredibly fast and corners like it's on rails. With it’s current modifications this car should easily produce 400 horsepower and 400 foot-pounds of torque. The cornering characteristics of this car have greatly improved over the stock suspension due to the 1.75 inch drop from the intrax spring upgrade. I just took the car for a 4-wheel alignment last month. The camber has been adjusted for maximum performance and minimal tire wear. A new set of 245/45/zr-18 Kuhmo ecsta Supra’s were put on the car about four thousand miles ago, so they are still in great shape. The new engine was broken in on conventional 10w30 oil for the first 1000 miles, and not revved past 3500 rpms. After the first 3000 miles I switched to mobil 1 synthetic and a mobil 1 filter and have used them every 3k since. At 60K I had the timing belt, tensioner, idler pulley, thermostat, power steering belt, accessory belt, tensioner pulley, crank seals, and water pump all replaced with new parts because Mitsu didn't bother to go ahead and replace them when they put in the new motor. This car is not emissions legal due to its modified exhaust, but can easily be made to pass with a test pipe. I have spent around $5000 in modifications alone on this car, and would never even consider selling it if I could still afford it. The rear panel lettering has been changed from it’s original lettering to a single chrome mitsu badge, but I have the additional decals to change it back to it’s stock appearance if so desired by the buyer. I rarely run this car hard, but I know from personal experience that it will outrun a C5 vette, a Supra Turbo, and a third gen RX7 without even breaking a sweat. :D All of the modifications to this car have been added in the last two months, with the exception of the turbo timer and the intake.

Number Made¹: 646
Engine Type: 3.0 Liter Twin Turbo Twin Intercooled V-6
Horsepower: 320 @ 6000 RPM
Torque: 315 @ 2500 RPM
Weight/HP Ratio: 11.7
Horsepower/Liter: 106.7
Compression: 8.0 : 1
Transmission: 6-Speed Getrag
Drivetrain: Front-engine/Full time all-wheel drive (AWD)
Valve Train: DOHC 24-valve
Curb Weight: 3737 lbs.
Tires: 245/40/ZR18
All-wheel steering: Same-phase 4 wheel steering (AWS)
Active Aerodynamics: Discontinued
MPG (City/Hwy): 18/24
Original MSRP: $44,590
Specifications for the 1997 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4

Standard Equipment:

6 cyl 3.0 L Turbo Engine, 6-Speed Getrag Transmission, Air Conditioning, Air Dam,
Alarm System, AM/FM Stereo/CD, Anti-Lock Brakes, Center Console, Chrome Wheels,
Climate Control for AC, Cruise Control, Dual Air Bag Restraints, Fog Lights,
Heated Power Mirrors, Infinity Sound System, Intermittent Wipers, Keyless Entry System
Leather Seats, Leather Steering Wheel, Limited Slip Differential, Power Antenna, Power Brakes
Power Door Locks, Power Drivers Seat, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Spoiler
Rear Window Defroster, Rear Window Wiper, Remote Trunk Release, Steering Wheel Radio
Controls, Tachometer, Tilt Steering Wheel

My list of modifications includes:

Intake
K&N air Filter - Injection Performance Kit

Exhaust
Custom 3" turbo to tip exhaust (no cats)

Suspension
Intrax lowering springs

Engine
Blitz Dual Solenoid Boost Controller
TurboXS RFL blow off valve
Polished EGR blockoff plates
Dave Best custom 3000gt spark cover plate
Billet Aluminum Mitsubishi Motorsports Oil cap
3SX underdrive pulley

Fuel
Apexi Super Air Flow Converter
Denso 450cc fuel injectors (not installed)
Denso 300 lph (Supra Turbo) fuel pump rewired with 10guage @ constant 13v (not installed)

Ignition
NGK BCPR7ES plugs (1 heat range colder than stock) @ .34mm gap

Interior
Greddy turbo timer
Autometer dual a-pillar pod
Autometer sport-comp modified wide band Air/Fuel ratio guage
Autometer Sport-comp 35 PSI boost guage

Exterior
20% all around window tint

Shifter
3KGT Motorsports Short Throw Shifter
Momo Cobra carbon fiber shift knob

Brakes
Stillen metal-matrix brake pads

Audio
Sony Mobile ES CDX C7850 cd player, with stock steering wheel controls (adapter not installed)
2 10" JL subs in a custom box with a 400watt coustic amp

I’m also throwing in a canvas car cover, a leather Mitsubishi bumper cover, and a pair of 3000gt floor mats for the lucky person who takes her off of my hands.
NADA says my car’s value is $22,600, and that’s without the new engine and tranny or the 5k in mods.
I’m asking $20,000 for my car as it sits because I need the money as soon as possible.
Please do not respond to this thread unless you have a serious offer. If you have any more questions about the car feel free to e-mail me. My mail address is [email protected].

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if someone wants to buy my 91 ill be more than willing to buy your 97
Quick! someone buy Shiver's 91 so that I can get out from under my payments. :p Thanks for the kind replies. I have more pictures that I will post tommorrow after I get them developed.

·
Registered
452 Posts
if someone wants to buy my 91 ill be more than willing to buy your 97
If you give me more info about yoru car then i would be more than happy to buy it from you. You can email me at [email protected] if you would like or just give me info on this post. Thanx
-Nick

·
Registered
267 Posts
Where are you located? I may be interested. I am in Washington state, Seattle area.

Thanks.

·
Registered
267 Posts
The price of shipping a car would probably be around 1200.00. That on top of an already spendy car, along with tax+licencing, would be a bit out of my ideal range. Its an awesome looking VR4, wish it was closer. :) Good luck selling it. I am sure somebody out there will take it from ya!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.