Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so my buddy used to be the proud owner of one of the best 300Z TT's I've ever seen. He recently sold it in favor of a family car (not just any family car, a Twin Turbo Audi) :) Being used to a Z, he's modded it quite a bit already (Chip and other usuals) to the point that it's putting out decent horsepower. I've been in it several times and to say the least I was concerned.

So I'm heading over to his house with him after work (in seperate cars). He's kind of revving his engine a little bit and I know he want's to race since we've been exchanging comments for a while. We turn out of traffic (him in front) onto a wide sidestreet and he guns it HARD. I follow him around the corner in a nice 4 wheel slide (GOD I hate my S02's in the winter) and take off after him. He's ahead but losing ground until about 4th gear 6K RPM, at which point I blew by him (one kill down). Stop for a light. I end up in a left turn lane, he ends up in the far right lane, car between us. Through the other car I see him give me a thumbs up and we rev to go again (Quattro vs Getrag, this should be fun). The light turns green and we both gun it. I was pulling constantly until about 60 when we had to shut down for traffic. At which point he was about 2 car lengths behind. Kill 2 down!

I was honestly worried, his car feels VERY fast, and if the HP figures were correct he should be making somewhere in the range of 350-365 HP with the mods he's got. But hey, a good race between friends is always fun, win or lose (I must say it's much more fun when you win) :D

·
Registered
709 Posts
Great kill. The Audi TT is a sleeper

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, It's actually not a TT (as in model) it's an A6 with the 2.7T BiTurbo (S4 Motor). Fast as hell though. :)

·
Registered
709 Posts
Yes, I meant TT as in twin turbo (dual turbo, Biturbo etc..). I should have said tt and not TT! ;)

Are you sure about his HP claims. I thought the 2.6 turbo had 250 HP. :confused: He would have had to do a lot to get 100 to 115 more ponies. Regardless, they are fairly quick cars. There is a guy who is always racing everyone around town in his but every time I see him I’m in my Explorer. :rolleyes:

·
resident evil
17,080 Posts
I have already raced a modded S4, and it was pretty fast but I had two carlengths by about 80mph. He actually got me off the line and I made all of it up and then some in 2nd gear. Third kind of stayed the distance, then we let up cause the speed limit was only 40 mph. Its funny cause the car is so old, yet even in BPU it holds its own to even the newer cars. Ever see the times that new StageIII Roush Mustang with the supercharger does? That car costs about 45-50k and it does low 13s with supposedly over 400horsepower on tap. Either AWD makes all the difference, or our cars are making way more power then we think to move almost 4000lbs into the 12s in BPU form.

Sam

·
Registered
709 Posts
All wheel drive baby! All wheel drive. :D

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Yup, those A6 2.7Ts are pretty good. And Audi have a good aftermarket support as well. The chipped 2.7T is actually faster than the 4.2 V8.

With the chip the car puts out somewhere around 280HP, BPU nets you about 300HP, so to get to 350-365HP, he must have a fair number of mods. What's he got beyond BPU? 2 of my friends have theirs BPU and they are itching for more mods.

·
I have too many cars
369 Posts
The stage three doesn't have over 400 horsepower, in fact...it only has 360!!! :( I'm not sure what the times are, (they are rare to find) but I'm sure it's pretty fast. It has some nice suspension work and big tires to help hook it up.

Mustang,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts