Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Haha, sprinkles and seasonings are where it’s at.

As for a timeframe, if I can get it moving before the end of the year, I’d be happy. I move super slow, as my health sucks and I get wore out pretty easily. Some days/nights go a lot better than others.

But I’m actually enjoying moving at a relaxing pace, instead of just trying to get it done. It’s actually a change of pace but still a strange thing for me. If I were to be doing this about 5 years ago, this whole thing would have been done already. lol. I used to be able to do clutch changes within hours. Now, it would take me days or a week. lol. But yeah, I’m just taking my time. When my energy gets zapped, I go lay down, write up my goal list or research/figure out what I’m doing the next time I get out to the garage. When I eventually get my energy back, I can then hit the ground running with a set of goals. :)

·
SDSU Alumnus
3,263 Posts
Love it! I am positive that your story, progress, and determination inspires many (or will for those that have not come across this yet 🙂)

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Love it! I am positive that your story, progress, and determination inspires many (or will for those that have not come across this yet 🙂)

-sent from my Galaxy Note 9
Thanks man. I hope it does. Posting updates also helps drive me, to get out to the garage. So it's a win-win..lol.

On a sadder note, it looks like my IPS rear manifold is cracked at the collector...boooo!!! These things only had ~5K miles on them. They were one of the first batches, that IPS produced, when Jeff owned the company. I did a quick search and it appears it happened to a few sets:

In order to mount the headers, I had to pull the ATP shields off, mount the header, then re-install the ATP shields using safety wires. Of course, I noticed it after I was all completed.

Shining a light down the header:

Shining a flashlight from the other side. I'm not an astrophysicist but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to see light shining through.

So I need to find a local welder, that can patch these up. I'll be inspecting the front header pretty closely as well.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
I wish my bank account was as inspiring as Stealthll's seems to be.
Haha, it’s not as inspirational as it used to be. I have been working 3 jobs, going on over 4 years now, in order to save up the funds for this particular project. I have a full time and 2 non-competing part-time jobs. However, COVID all but killed my 2 part time jobs. Luckily, all of the big ticket items were purchased last year. Now the project is just nickeling and diming me to death. lol.

But yeah, no hand me outs or sponsors with this project. This car is like many here, a story of blood, sweat and tears (I hope I don’t cry..lol)

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,728 Posts
Man, I went back and re-read the first few pages, and with this last post, I am honestly blown away.
Sick, working your A$$ off, and still finding time to make this REALLY special build happen.

I love the way you meticulously get things done, sometimes with a cost, but always TOP NOTCH.

If I hadn't already guessed this, you were in your mid to late 20's when you joined?
You don't have to answer that, just trying to get a feel for where you are (age wise) now.....

I joined when I was in my early 40's, and my love for this platform has not wavered.
Do I look at other vehicle on BAT, hell yeah. You always have to WANT for the next best thing...

Mine is in my garage, and unless my scratch off lottery crazy wife hits it big, and soon, I'll be driving it for QUITE a while...

Awesome work, period.

Bob.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #127
Thanks Bob. Yeah, working on the car is definitely a balancing act of time and energy. Between work, family (a wife and 2 boys), there's quite a few late nights. I still have that "go-getter" mentality, even though my body hates me and I "pay for it" the next day. lol. Hence the reason this build thread is taking forever. lol.

As for my age, I'm 37. I joined 3Si when I was 17/18ish and still in high school. I remember being dual enrolled in college/high school and taking a typing course. I was a fast typer and after I was done with the daily tasks, I'd spend the rest of my class time, browsing through 3Si...lol

Same here, these cars have always been a passion of mine and have always turned my head. I'm not sure why, as I'm sure we both could've purchased so many other cars, over the years.

BTW, we need some pics of that beautiful Spyder!!!!

·
13,728 Posts
Pictures...ugh.
I suck at taking pictures.
I bought my wife a very nice Canon digital camera with a great lens, that my son can make sing.
I can barely get it to talk...

I keep posting this pic, taken by the same son (I have 3, and a wife thing too), from the 2010 National Gathering.
Honestly nothing has changed, sans a new head unit (Kenwood) and upgraded tweeters.

Even the same tires, with not much more mileage, lol.....

Sadly, the car sat for almost 2 yrs recently (left achilles rupture [and surgery] actually caused by a strong antibiotic, DO NOT TAKE Levaquin!) Worst healing injury EVER.
In the last few months I have been driving it weekly and keeping up with the "primping".

I'll try to get that camera out next week, as I plan to do a full clay cloth and "reload" treatment...

No promises on the quality of the pics....

If my picture taking would get anywhere close to your work, I would be a regular Leonardo Davinky.....

Bob. ;)

Oh, the Green 93VR4 parked to my left is my son's. He still has his as well....

Reactions: bboyalan

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Haha, any picture looks good Bob. She's purty. Also sorry to hear about your injury. So the rupture was caused by the antibiotic? That sounds very painful. I was on and off quite a few antibiotics/antimalarials for the past few years and that I guess luckily, that wasn't one of them. Is that a potential side effect from that drug? I know when those medication commercials come on TV and they list about 10 minutes worth of side effects, those are meant for me. lol. I apparently have a baby's body and react to darn near everything I take. Either way, I hope you're healing up from that ok.

·
13,728 Posts
Since you asked:

Tendinitis And Tendon Rupture
Fluoroquinolones, including LEVAQUIN® , have been associated with an increased risk of tendinitis and tendon rupture in all ages [see Disabling And Potentially Irreversible Serious Adverse Reactions Including Tendinitis And Tendon Rupture, Peripheral Neuropathy, And Central Nervous System Effects and ADVERSE REACTIONS]. This adverse reaction most frequently involves the Achilles tendon and has also been reported with the rotator cuff (the shoulder), the hand, the biceps, the thumb, and other tendon sites. Tendinitis or tendon rupture can occur within hours or days of starting LEVAQUIN® or as long as several months after completion of fluoroquinolone therapy. Tendinitis and tendon rupture can occur bilaterally.

The risk of developing fluoroquinolone-associated tendinitis and tendon rupture is increased in patients over 60 years of age, in those taking corticosteroid drugs, and in patients with kidney, heart or lung transplants. Other factors that may independently increase the risk of tendon rupture include strenuous physical activity, renal failure, and previous tendon disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis. Tendinitis and tendon rupture have been reported in patients taking fluoroquinolones who do not have the above risk factors. Discontinue LEVAQUIN® immediately if the patient experiences pain, swelling, inflammation or rupture of a tendon. Patients should be advised to rest at the first sign of tendinitis or tendon rupture, and to contact their healthcare provider regarding changing to a non-quinolone antimicrobial drug. Avoid LEVAQUIN® in patients who have a history of tendon disorders or tendon rupture [see ADVERSE REACTIONS and PATIENT INFORMATION].

Peripheral Neuropathy
Fluoroquinolones, including LEVAQUIN® , have been associated with an increased risk of peripheral neuropathy. Cases of sensory or sensorimotor axonal polyneuropathy affecting small and/or large axons resulting in paresthesias, hypoesthesias, dysesthesias and weakness have been reported in patients receiving fluoroquinolones, including LEVAQUIN® . Symptoms may occur soon after initiation of LEVAQUIN® and may be irreversible in some patients [see Disabling And Potentially Irreversible Serious Adverse Reactions Including Tendinitis And Tendon Rupture, Peripheral Neuropathy, And Central Nervous System Effects and ADVERSE REACTIONS].

Discontinue LEVAQUIN® immediately if the patient experiences symptoms of neuropathy including pain, burning, tingling, numbness, and/or weakness or other alterations of sensation including light touch, pain, temperature, position sense, and vibratory sensation. Avoid fluoroquinolones, including LEVAQUIN® , in patients who have previously experienced peripheral neuropathy [see ADVERSE REACTIONS and PATIENT INFORMATION].

I took 5 of the 7 prescribed pills.
The rupture occurred sometime after the 3rd one.
I was trying to drag myself up the stairs and felt the snap.
I walked on it that way for probably a month before I sought treatment.
I already had a touch of neuropathy in my feet which has since probably tripled in pain.

The "wonderful" doctor who prescribed the medicine was a Dermatologist. I was trying to get rid of a nasty rash on my tuckus. (The first Dr. I saw about this said it was caused by perspiration, kind of a heat rash). I can't remember how many Dr's I saw prior to this clown)
Oh, I forgot to mention that I had an appointment with Dr. Wonderful the day after I took the 5th pill. I complained to him about the pain in my ankles.
His answer, "I think I want you to take 3 more past the 7".
My wife was with me at the time asked "So how do you think he's doing"
His response, "Not much better".
I walked out cussing and swearing (to myself), went home, tossed the remaining 2 pills and the new script and never saw the ASSHOLE again.
After all I went through, I finally resolved the rash on my own with a daily regiment of warm water and soap on a clean washcloth several times a day.

My orthopedic surgeon was located in Columbus, about 90 mins east of my location.
7 months and more than a dozen follow up visits (I won't even get into the boot and wound vac middle finger extended here), and I was deemed "fixed".

Right.

Bob.

EDIT: Reposted only because I wanted others to see the damage that can be done by this drug (Levaquin).
Most of it is just an old man venting...

Thank You for the compassion you showed.
I hope that in the future I can offer the same compassion with your struggles....

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Wow. Craziness. That really sucks you had to go through all that. Especially for something so completely unrelated, to your main issue. Unfortunately, your experience resonates with me and is on-par with about 95% of my doctor experiences. As far as I'm concerned, most of the mainstream doctors and medicines have been nothing but failures in my eyes. I had a lot of trust and faith in them, prior to my illness. But after having the same experience over and over, with many different doctors and practices, it made it all too clear to me, that my health was not their primary interest (prescribing medications was and getting me out the door ASAP). So I also learned the hard way, that I'm my best advocate and no body knows our bodies, like we do. But anyways, I digress and sorry for the rant. I could talk about that forever. lol. Sucks that happened to you and thanks for sharing your story. It seems to be a very common theme these days. :(

·
13,728 Posts
I'm glad (and sorry) that you read my removed post.
As much as I wanted that to be "out there" I did not want to take away from this TREMENDOUS build thread.

If you would like to "talk" more my PM's are always open....lol

Bob.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,518 Posts
Love the updates. Pics are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
I'm glad (and sorry) that you read my removed post.
As much as I wanted that to be "out there" I did not want to take away from this TREMENDOUS build thread.

If you would like to "talk" more my PM's are always open....lol

Bob.
Oh no worries at all man. You didn't have to delete it and can repost it back on here, if you want. I don't care and it's not a distraction lol.

Love the updates. Pics are amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Eric. I gotta get caught up with your thread as well, as I just saw you updated it. BTW, you're helping keep me motivated, by all your updates. You're just a freakin animal though and I can't keep up with you and your craziness. lol

Richie

·
en**un**lightened
480 Posts
This is one of the best build threads I've ever seen; the fact you're getting this done while physically at half-mast shames me a bit - I actually bought that crank from you to spur me on a bit.

I had a small list of things pending for my 92 RT TT that didn't come off after my last heart attack in '15 - it was about two years before I could bend over at the waist and still breathe (there were complications) to I couldn't get under the hood.

When I finally recovered a bit, I ended-up moving my folks up here from Georgia, and that has absorbed all of my time since.

My Mom died in January, and my Dad is in a local nursing home, but out-of-reach cuz of Covid, and between his difficulty with the cell phone, hearing aids, and cannula he has to wear for O2, talking on the phone is not happening.

Anyway, now I have a bit of time, and I've actually driven the car a bit lately while I idly shop for parts...

Best of luck with yours AND your health, Ronnie - I'll be watching with continued interest. ;)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
This is one of the best build threads I've ever seen; the fact you're getting this done while physically at half-mast shames me a bit - I actually bought that crank from you to spur me on a bit.

I had a small list of things pending for my 92 RT TT that didn't come off after my last heart attack in '15 - it was about two years before I could bend over at the waist and still breathe (there were complications) to I couldn't get under the hood.

When I finally recovered a bit, I ended-up moving my folks up here from Georgia, and that has absorbed all of my time since.

My Mom died in January, and my Dad is in a local nursing home, but out-of-reach cuz of Covid, and between his difficulty with the cell phone, hearing aids, and cannula he has to wear for O2, talking on the phone is not happening.

Anyway, now I have a bit of time, and I've actually driven the car a bit lately while I idly shop for parts...

Best of luck with yours AND your health, Ronnie - I'll be watching with continued interest. ;)

Thanks Ronnie and this is a no judgement zone here. So no need for shame. lol In the end, these are just cars and life comes first. But wow man. I'm sorry to hear about all of that. I'm glad to hear you're making progress from your heart attack. Those are no joke. When you have a major health issue, it just makes you appreciate life and mobility that much more. You sound like a trooper and I guess that's what we need to keep doing. Just keep marching forward (even if we don't like it..lol)! I'm also a God fearing man, so you and your family will be in my prayers. :)

·
en**un**lightened
480 Posts
Thanks!

God's Will in all we do...;)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Been working on this guy, the past few days. Just did a minor port/gasket match and also removed the casting flaws. I understand why people send this type of stuff out, to get completed. It took me about 5 hours, to get it where I was happy with it. I also decided to get it powder coated black. So dropped it off yesterday, along with a bunch of misc A/C brackets to get coated.

Also just a quick picture of the coolant housing, finally assembled (I just need to get a thermostat for it). Looks like abstract art, lol

·
en**un**lightened
480 Posts
April would be proud of you, and God bless her.

Yeah, I used to do port/polish way back when, before everyone had a flow-bench.

Used to go crazy shopping ways to go faster and get better deals on bits, etc.

If my eyes were still good, I'd probably still be doing it, cuz everything is aluminum.

Iron sucked.

121 - 140 of 141 Posts