Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

301 - 320 of 353 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #301 ·
Another clean update that has me jealous.

That is a great polish job on the TB, I can't wait until mine is all done. Your build
Is definitely nothing spared and it’s mesmerizing.
Thanks man. Polishing was done J&S Polishing. They do great work. The build definitely turned into rabbit hole. Once I painted, polished or cleaned a part, I notice the thing next to it needed the same treatment. lol

On another note, I got brand new OEM timing belt covers in today, from Cherry Hill Mitsubishi. It took over 3 months for them to receive them from Japan. I'm taking a picture, as I'm sure they'll never be this clean/prestine again. lol

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,029 Posts
Looks to me like it's "maybe" only a hand/finger tighten loosen kinda deal?
And, for us folks that love to take parts off and then struggle to find them when it's time to put them back on, it's TEATHERED?

Man, that is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Bob.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #306 ·
Hey guys,

That is a Valvomax valve. You can check them out at Valvomax.com. They are expensive, for what it is. But since I renovated my garage, I wanted to keep oil and coolant changes as clean as possible. It essentially has a special tube that you connect to the valve, which then allows it to open and drain the oil/coolant.

They have special bags you can buy or just use a regular oil can. I have one on these valves on my radiator as well. It’s actually the reason I looked into this company. If you’ve ever drained one of our radiators, you know it makes a mess. I haven’t had a chance to try them out yet but they seem super convenient.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #307 ·
I've been driving around the blue Stealth a bit, so it got a nice wash the other day. Unfortunately, the pollen has come out in full force and it's already got a little coat of that yellow shit on it again. lol. Ah well. All nice and clean for the picture.

I'm also going to be in the market for some new wheels soon. The OEM rims/tires just aren't doing the blue car justice. lol. That and the tires are about shot. I'm trying to decide if I want to move my Volk GT-Cs from the red car, to the blue one. Then I'd order some lighter "race" wheels, for the red car. Ideally, I wish I could order the same combo Volk GT-Cs for the blue car, but they aren't made anymore. I'm a fan of Volk but I'm finding that a lot of their racing rims are black these days. Black wheels might look ok on the red car, but not a fan of a blue/black combo. Decisions, decisions. lol

Either way, the rearview mirror in the blue car has seen better days and has become an annoyance. I was browsing the 3S Facebook page and someone recommended a Nissan 999L1-V5100, that's a direct swap. So I ordered one and it just came in today. It looks nice and even comes with a remote garage door opener, which I really needed. I got tired of carrying around those separate remotes. Easy swap and now just gotta figure out how to program it. lol

Installed:

I also got 1 of the radiator fans for the red car, wired loomed. Also installed a Metric-pack 280 connector on it. I just need to give it the "Richie Special" by cleaning, painting and replacing fasteners with stainless steel allen bolts. The only reason I am using an aftermarket connector on it, is the engine harness got all jacked before I owned it. The original 6 PIN connector was one of the casualties and I've just had this fan on a hotwire. So it was just a little easier to use a Metri-pack, instead of trying to track down and wire in another OEM connector. Plus, it gave me a reason to buy more tools (crimpers and wire strippers)!! lol. I used Insultherm from Techflex, for the loom. In the past, I've managed to char wires before, with them sitting so close to the manifolds. It shouldn't be an issue now with the inconel shields on the manifolds. But figured just in case. This fan will be sitting on the passanger side of the radiator, so I still have to trim it a bit to fit.

Also tearing out my existing "aftermarket" wiring setup, that I did in the glove box. I'm going to install an Bussmann/Eaton RFRM Fuse Block to replace it. I wanted/needed to rip it all out for a few reasons. I'm planning on "home running" a lot of the AEM gauges and sensors. So if I kept it as is, I'd actually be out of capacity. I use a bunch of relays for my Viper alarm (remote trunk, dome light delays, etc) and want to keep those around as well. I also figured it would be easier to run all the wires, with the engine out. So trying to do it now, before I throw the engine in. The RFRM has dual busses, with 20 fuses slots per bus. So this gives me a ton more room to grow. In addition, the Bussmann RFRM has a cover, which is a huge bonus. I was always afraid of having open connections with the old fuse boxes and then accidentally throwing a tool or something in there and causing a short.
Original setup in the glove box:

New Bussman Box (pretty boring looking)

Starting to label wires before I just start cutting...lol:

Anyways, just wanted to provide some updates. I keep chipping away at it. lol

·
15,029 Posts
You're messing around with your car and posting at freakin 3 AM?

I love your MOXY!!!! (and the BLUE car :) )

Bob.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #309 ·
You're messing around with your car and posting at freakin 3 AM?

I love your MOXY!!!! (and the BLUE car :) )

Bob.
Haha, yeah, sometimes my sleep cycles get jacked up due to my illness. So might as well do something constructive with my time. lol

·
15,029 Posts
Richie,
I'm sorry.
I am well aware of your health problems, but never considered them with your latest post.

You do some AMAZING work, regardless of the time of day....

Bob.

Reactions: let-luse99

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,756 Posts
I've been driving around the blue Stealth a bit, so it got a nice wash the other day. Unfortunately, the pollen has come out in full force and it's already got a little coat of that yellow shit on it again. lol. Ah well. All nice and clean for the picture.

I'm also going to be in the market for some new wheels soon. The OEM rims/tires just aren't doing the blue car justice. lol. That and the tires are about shot. I'm trying to decide if I want to move my Volk GT-Cs from the red car, to the blue one. Then I'd order some lighter "race" wheels, for the red car. Ideally, I wish I could order the same combo Volk GT-Cs for the blue car, but they aren't made anymore. I'm a fan of Volk but I'm finding that a lot of their racing rims are black these days. Black wheels might look ok on the red car, but not a fan of a blue/black combo. Decisions, decisions. lol

Either way, the rearview mirror in the blue car has seen better days and has become an annoyance. I was browsing the 3S Facebook page and someone recommended a Nissan 999L1-V5100, that's a direct swap. So I ordered one and it just came in today. It looks nice and even comes with a remote garage door opener, which I really needed. I got tired of carrying around those separate remotes. Easy swap and now just gotta figure out how to program it. lol

Installed:

I also got 1 of the radiator fans for the red car, wired loomed. Also installed a Metric-pack 280 connector on it. I just need to give it the "Richie Special" by cleaning, painting and replacing fasteners with stainless steel allen bolts. The only reason I am using an aftermarket connector on it, is the engine harness got all jacked before I owned it. The original 6 PIN connector was one of the casualties and I've just had this fan on a hotwire. So it was just a little easier to use a Metri-pack, instead of trying to track down and wire in another OEM connector. Plus, it gave me a reason to buy more tools (crimpers and wire strippers)!! lol. I used Insultherm from Techflex, for the loom. In the past, I've managed to char wires before, with them sitting so close to the manifolds. It shouldn't be an issue now with the inconel shields on the manifolds. But figured just in case. This fan will be sitting on the passanger side of the radiator, so I still have to trim it a bit to fit.

Also tearing out my existing "aftermarket" wiring setup, that I did in the glove box. I'm going to install an Bussmann/Eaton RFRM Fuse Block to replace it. I wanted/needed to rip it all out for a few reasons. I'm planning on "home running" a lot of the AEM gauges and sensors. So if I kept it as is, I'd actually be out of capacity. I use a bunch of relays for my Viper alarm (remote trunk, dome light delays, etc) and want to keep those around as well. I also figured it would be easier to run all the wires, with the engine out. So trying to do it now, before I throw the engine in. The RFRM has dual busses, with 20 fuses slots per bus. So this gives me a ton more room to grow. In addition, the Bussmann RFRM has a cover, which is a huge bonus. I was always afraid of having open connections with the old fuse boxes and then accidentally throwing a tool or something in there and causing a short.
Original setup in the glove box:

New Bussman Box (pretty boring looking)

Starting to label wires before I just start cutting...lol:

Anyways, just wanted to provide some updates. I keep chipping away at it. lol
It pleases me to see the last picture with the ness behind the glove box. You are human ! :)

I’m just jealous of how clean everything is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #312 ·
Richie,
I'm sorry.
I am well aware of your health problems, but never considered them with your latest post.

You do some AMAZING work, regardless of the time of day....

Bob.
Thanks Bob. I do some of my best work at night, when the world is a sleep. No distractions except knowing I have to get up for work the next morning. lol.

It pleases me to see the last picture with the ness behind the glove box. You are human ! :)

I’m just jealous of how clean everything is.

LMAO. It is indeed a clusterfuck back there. Not some of my finest work but it worked for quite a few years. I’m glad I’m doing it, as some wires were chafing against the metal brackets, from opening and closing glove box. Eek. I’ve also done a lot more YouTubing and researching the past year, on creating better “racespec” looms. So I purchased all the tooling, for doing Tefzel/Deutsch/Delphi connectors/harnesses. Tooling costs were murder on the wallet, but they’ll be put to good use. I won’t be doing concentric twisting or anything hardcore like that. But it will sure be better than the OEM wires. I was originally looking at some PDM solutions but this car isn’t “racecar” enough to deserve that. lol

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Hey guys,

That is a Valvomax valve. You can check them out at Valvomax.com. They are expensive, for what it is. But since I renovated my garage, I wanted to keep oil and coolant changes as clean as possible. It essentially has a special tube that you connect to the valve, which then allows it to open and drain the oil/coolant.

They have special bags you can buy or just use a regular oil can. I have one on these valves on my radiator as well. It’s actually the reason I looked into this company. If you’ve ever drained one of our radiators, you know it makes a mess. I haven’t had a chance to try them out yet but they seem super convenient.
So it looks like the cap is "finger" tight, and can be removed without any drainage, but once the tube is screwed on it drains? Sort of like a schrader valve for air does? Is that right?

BTW - I would personally leave the wheels on the Blue Stealth. I really miss the (original) look on my car.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #314 ·
So it looks like the cap is "finger" tight, and can be removed without any drainage, but once the tube is screwed on it drains? Sort of like a schrader valve for air does? Is that right?

BTW - I would personally leave the wheels on the Blue Stealth. I really miss the (original) look on my car.
Yes sir. You got it. It feels like a very high quality piece and has some weight to it. I plan on picking one up for the blue car as well.

As for the wheels, I think you’re the first person I’ve heard say that. lol. I’m not finding any wheels at the moment, that I absolutely love. So the OEM ones will be staying, until I find some worth throwing money at. Im gonna have to throw some tires at it, one way or another. So that’s why I figured if I want to upgrade the rims, noMany moons ago, I had a set of chrome OEM Stealth wheels, that were on the red car. I actually liked those a lot, but they were heavy as hell. They were also chipping like crazy and I sold them, when I got the GT-Cs. I guess I like shiny stuff. lol

On another note, got the evaporator core out. The aftermarket valve had quite a bit of excess line (aftermarket on the left)

A little “cable management” or service loop?

Blew some air in it and left it tilted overnight, to drain as much as the existing oil out of it. I just gotta put some PAG oil back in. But I have to find a measuring device for 0.3oz. I already checked the kitchen but the wife didn’t have anything I could steal. So gotta head to the store, to grab something.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Have you seen the Volk 21c's that are coming out? They're a 1 piece that is styled like the old gt-cs and gr.cs. I'm thinking they will look real good on a 3S.

·
Registered
1998 3000GT VR4
38 Posts
I know they aren’t the most “performing” option available, but I have always thought the Radius R6 wheels looked great on the 3S. The pictures are the 18x9 version, I know a 19” is also “available”.

That being said, if I can’t find those I think I might go with a nice 3-piece wheel from Signature wheels as they will do whatever you want.

I had a set of Monoblock Signatures on my old GT350 and I love the way they looked and they were only 21lbs for a 19x11 Front and 20.5lbs for a 19x11.5 rear (less backspacing). Super light and really strong.

·
15,029 Posts

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #319 ·
Hey guys,

Thanks for the suggestions. Those Radius R6 look pretty nice. Pretty close to the OEM 2nd gen wheels. I'll start looking into those, to see what I can find.

Richie,

I can't recall if we've had this conversation before.
If I was to replace my fans (on my now GONE TT) I would have gotten these in a heartbeat....

Bob.
Hey Bob,

You actually did refer me to this website before and I completely forgot about it. They'll be on my list to reach out to. Thanks for reminding me.

I haven't gotten much done on the cars lately, as I've been doing chores around the house. We has a nasty storm a while back and lightning zapped a pine tree in my yard. I've lived in Florida all my life and I've never heard a lightning/thunder clap like that. It hit the tree so hard, there were pieces of wood everywhere. Unfortunately, it came through our cable line and fried about $2000 worth of electronics and cables. One of my ethernet switches literally was smoking. The strike blew up a couple of my external security cameras. So I spent the last week, running new ethernet cables through the attic and installing a brand new system. Glad that project is done, as it's getting blazing hot in that attic. So this weekend, I plan on getting more work done on the red car. Got an early Christmas present today:

These are the Superpro swaybars. The Superpro rear swaybar is on top, with the Superpro front swaybar in the middle. The front OEM swaybar, is on the bottom. The Superpro front is definitely thicker all around, especially around the ends. I'll be installing the front tomorrow and definitely looking forward to seeing how they perform.

·
1G Foglights b!tches
8,756 Posts

15x10 SVE’s look pretty good with 28’s

JK. Lol.

those volks posted above look cool. A bit of a JDM retro vibe too it. Crazy to say retro, but these cars are 30 years old.

301 - 320 of 353 Posts