Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
I can't read the rules
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone in the Bay Area know of a GOOD mechanic that have had experience with the VR4 that dont charge cut throat rates?

I might need to install a long block in soon. Just a straight job of taking the old engine out and putting hte new one in.

Maybe 120K tuneup.

I'll supply all the parts, just need labor done.

Please recomend and post your experience/relationship with this shop/mechanic.

THanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
i was just going to ask the same thing, i was wondering if anyone knew someone up here that can do the 60k for less than the dealer or something comprable and that doesnt dick you around like them

·
Registered
56 Posts
Brainfood is good. I recommend him. He knows more about these cars than the dealer and is cheaper. He's building my car for me.

·
I can't read the rules
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yah, Brainfood is also at the top of my list. I have alreadi emailed him and gotten his replied.

Others on my consideration list is Dezeni Racing recommended by paul Chohan. And another shop I forgot the name to in Sunnyvale on Evelyne.

·
MI SCUZI! MI SCUZI!
6,619 Posts
There's a guy in monterey, his name is Allan Mayland, he works at Sand City Seaside Mitsubishi, and he does side jobs for hella cheap. I got my 60k done for around 300, plus parts, I bought all the parts online for around 200 so 500 total. Very very good guy, and you get to help and learn about your car. My last clutch job from him was 250 bucks. Trust me you won't be dissapointed.

Neo

·
Registered
64 Posts
Im in Vacaville, how much would it be for a 60k and how much time does it take. the dealership said they'd do it for like 900 and it would take a couple days.....they also called my car an eclipse twice so i dont think i like them much

·
Premium Member
5,155 Posts
Brainfood--you wouldn't like to become my new mechanic would you? basic maintenance, mods (I have an exhaust cutout sitting right in front of me). My current mechanic is a real asshole and until my car, has had no real experience with a 3000GT, much less a VR4. Plus we live pretty damn close, so it'd be an easy drive for me.

either reply here or shoot me a pm. thanks

·
4,613 Posts
anyone that needs work done email me so we can talk about it
[email protected]

ron I can install the quaife but I am up here and your car probably isnt running :)

odin I would love to but I have a shop I would recomend for the cutout instead of doing it myself since I have no lift and no welder.

xXxHaVoKxXx, yeah I can do it email me with all you want done it will only take a day to do not sure if yours is dohc? sohc? turbo?

let me know I have a lot of work lined up right now a couple engine rebuilds and a built motor for someone, so I am probably about a month out

thx

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine is a SOHC, id love to do it myself but i dont have the stuff.....my 60k wont be up for about 2 months i was just trying to get info on whats out there...

this is so wierd for me, ive never had a car i havent worked on myself but this one is wierd

·
4,613 Posts
What's the name of the shop? Address?
It is marco muffler in orangevale

Mine is a SOHC, id love to do it myself but i dont have the stuff.....my 60k wont be up for about 2 months i was just trying to get info on whats out there...

It will bw ariund $250 labor, let me know when you are ready I should have time then.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts