Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lovbyts
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I did this mod probably 10 years ago and probably wouldn't do it again if I had the choice but I do like the extra space in the engine compartment. That being said even with using a 0g high quality welding machine cable and a decent battery I would get a slow crank. Well FINALLY my brain kicked in and I solved the problem. I added a 2nd batter to the opposite side of the trunk and connected them in parallel giving it a big boost in CC power. No more slow crank or being worried my car stereo amps and going to drain my battery while idling. Yeah Ive had it happen before. lol

Hoping this helps someone.

Reactions: Riverstealth

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
15,071 Posts
I hope you meant parallel.

Series battery wiring:
When you series two 12 volt car batteries, you will add the voltage of each for the total voltage output (24 volts). The current will stay the same.

Reactions: familyMAN

·
Lovbyts
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope you meant parallel.

Series battery wiring:
When you series two 12 volt car batteries, you will add the voltage of each for the total voltage output (24 volts). The current will stay the same.
I really need to stop multi tasking (ADHD) and posting from work. Yes I did mean Parallel (not running 24v lol) and meant to go back and edit that before posting but got side tracked with work.
Thanks for the correction.

·
Registered
91 VR4 wish scissors BBK wheels and tint
174 Posts
I wonder how many cranking amps it really needs....
My Ninja came with a 12BS battery rated at 160CCA... but the replacement lithium pack I put in is rated at 360CCA....

I could fit (guessing) 8-10 of those little batteries in one of the truck under carpet areas....
but if its a weight consideration instead of running 30' of 4GA battery wire you could put 2 or 4 in the same place the factory lead acid is....

·
Lovbyts
3,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder how many cranking amps it really needs....
My Ninja came with a 12BS battery rated at 160CCA... but the replacement lithium pack I put in is rated at 360CCA....

I could fit (guessing) 8-10 of those little batteries in one of the truck under carpet areas....
but if its a weight consideration instead of running 30' of 4GA battery wire you could put 2 or 4 in the same place the factory lead acid is....
Those little lithium batteries are $$$$

Ive never been one to worry about the weight. I remember reading a lot of post years ago about people removing the back seat and all kinds or stuff to drop the weight of the car when in reasilty most of them could light up the load by 20+ lbs just by going on a diet. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts