Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.parallaxinc.com/

I'm toying with the idea of using a microcontroller to fully automate the operation of the Spyder top. One touch controls, remote lowering and raising, it has awesome potential :D Any of you guys ever tried this?

·
Registered
473 Posts
Actually I am working on making a datalogger for my TT using a Basic Stamp 2. They do have great potential but they also have some limitations. The application you are looking at: one touch opperation, remote operation should be fairly simple. I used one for my Senior design lab at Arizona State. I would be happy to help you if you need it. You can email me at [email protected]

Paul
92RT/TT

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Paul :) I will be doing this project sometime within the next year. Do you know any good resources of information?I am also interested in learning more about your datalogger, does it work with ODBII?

·
Registered
473 Posts
A good place to look for info on Basic stamps and applications besides searches on the internet, is the discussion board archives on parrallax's website. There are some good Stamp application books available too.

The datalogger I am making will hook up to the sensors directly and not to the ECU. This means that it can be hooked up to any car using compatable sensors. Some of the sensors that it will monitor are:
EGT, Intercooler temp., intake temp, RPM, Injector duty cycle, air fuel ratio, Knock sensor(if I can), and others. Do you have any ideas of what would be a good input for the datalogger?

Paul
92RT/TT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts