Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
Are you referring to the temp sensor on the passenger defrost vent? Or maybe the MAS sensor in the intake?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, barometric pressure is part of MAS. Thanks Hans. ECU errorcode indicate that all barometric sensor, air temprature sensor and Air Flow sensor are bad. Also, I get an error code for coolant temprature sensor. Is it possible that all the sensors can go bad at one time? Do you guys think that it might be the ECU itself? Thanks for any response.

-Nav

·
no speed limits here
3,438 Posts
I don't have my manual in front of me but, have you checked the condition of your sensors? It's very possible the ECU is bad, especially on a car that's 10 yrs. old. A search on this board will show the caps tend to leak.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
Have you modified the MAS in any way? I know removing the honey combs will give you that error code. The coolant sensor could also go bad on a car that's 10 years old :). Is the car behaving in any certain way that would show a problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I did not touch MAS yet. My car makes breaking noises when idle and sometimes turns off. I was going to start debugging the problem by replacing engine coolant temprature sensor first. Does anyone know how much MAS sensor costs(ball park)?

-Nav

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
If your using a snap-on tell it to clear the history and run it for a while. The sensor errors dont actually mean the sensors are bad it just says sensor error when it goes off. BTW I had the same errors has you ...it said to clean the throttle body and it made the car better and fixed the mas errors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, I don't have a snap-on, just relying on good old Ligh emitting diode to read out my codes :) . I pulled the negative terminal of the battery to clear the error codes(I think that should work), but error codes keep coming back. I just bought the engine coolant sensor and would be relacing it this weekend. Lets see if I make any progress on that. Where is throttle body located and how do I clear it?

-Nav

1 - 9 of 9 Posts