Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have to be able to get the ball joints separately. I am in need if you have done it or know where to get them please let me know.

J

·
0 Posts
Hey Paul...I just recieved the balljoint w/ lower control arm assy. Good luck in finding just the balljoint...if you have to buy the whole thing go with Norco Mitsu they give a good discount for us 3Sers (check the discount page for an e-mail address). My total was 210.69 for the assy. Good luck in finding the balljoint
Jonathan
91R/T

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does Norco have a web site? Was that the price for each side or both?
Thanks

J

·
0 Posts
Paul... www.norcomits.com or the number is(909)735-7100. I talked to William Hall and the price for just the Drivers side was $210.69.... Be sure to tell them that your a member of 3SI for the discount.
Jonathan

[This message has been edited by Jonathan Risner (edited December 28, 1999).]

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Here's an idea. The late 80's early mustangs also had 1 piece balljoints control arms. To get around it, a friend removed the assembly, ordered an aftermarket lowered control arm, and corresponding ball joint, and for slightly less than the cost of the factory setup, had a refeshed front end with improved handling. Not sure if it is as feasible for these cars, but maybe something to consider.

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I can get my hands on a already used lower control are with a ball joint or just the ball joint someone has taken out I will try to see if I can find a match. I would bet it is just a standard ball joint pressed in and we can find a replacement. It is atleast worth a try.

·
Premium Member
3,338 Posts
Paul,
When I used to work for Moog out of St. Louis several years ago they were big on manufacturing ball joints for cars like Honda, etc. so you did not have to replace entire control arm assembly. Moog might make it for your car- check with local parts store or front end shop that carries Moog chassis parts.
BTW- if their is one available it would be far superior to factory. They supply ball joints for most major race teams, etc.

Paul- sorry to build false hope- I called them and they don't list one available for the 3000GT and neither does TRW
Sorry

[This message has been edited by SteveVR4 (edited December 29, 1999).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts