Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I know more of you have had to have your ball joints replaces on the lower control arm. Has anyone found a work around from having the whole lower control arm replaced? Does anyone have there old parts? If so can the ball joint be pressed out? If you can and ship it to me (I will pay shipping) I will see what I can do about finding a match so we don't have to spend $200 + per side each time.
Thanks.
[email protected]

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Come on! no one willing to help? Soneone must have the old control arm laying around.

·
Premium Member
1,229 Posts
I ran into this problem also. When I swapped in a new clutch I lowered the lower control arm from the spindle/knuckle and split the ball joint boot. I couldn't locate just the ball joint (and I called everywhere).

Only option is to carefully remove the control arm from a salvage yard or buy a new one. If you opt to find one from a salvage yard, be careful to make sure you get the correct arm. For example, there are two different arms in '92 alone.

Best of luck,
Joe Gonsowski
'92 R/T TT

·
Lovbyts
3,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Again, what I am looking for is someone who already replaced there lower control arm and sill has the old one. If you have it can you take out the ball joint? If so send it to me, I will pay for the shipping and try to match up with others to find a match or something that will work. If you have the whole control arm let me know how much sipping will be and we might still be able to do it. I want to help us all out by finding a replacement so we don't have to replace the whole thing. Please help out.

D

·
0 Posts
Hey Paul! This is the best solution, try to get hook with someone who's working at your local Mits dealer. I'm sure that they will have an old or damaged one for you with out charge. I used to do this way sometime. Good luck.
Don94

A

·
0 Posts
Paul,

I have replaced mine and still have the old one. I have not tried to remove it, but I will see if I can press it out. I'll let you know.

Abe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts