Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my engine has been misfiring for a while now. I have replaced all spark cables,plugs, and coils. New down pipe, new TPS gasket, new plenum gasket. I took the car to a dealer near me and had them run a diag on it and came back with "there is something wrong with the relationship between plug 1 and 6." I have checked plug 1 and it looks fine, just some buildup on it compared to plug 3(used for comparison). The spark plugs are also getting spark. I don't have the time to look at plug 6 today (9/12/21). Any one have any ideas?

·
Registered
93 NA ATX 3000gt DOHC
3,066 Posts
I took the car to a dealer near me and had them run a diag on it and came back with "there is something wrong with the relationship between plug 1 and 6."
Did they recommend a psychologist consultation to improve the 1 and 6 bad relationship? :rolleyes:..... Sorry but never heard of such a diagnosis on an engine. :unsure:

Also it often helps to know the year and trim of car you're referring too.

·
Registered
91 VR4 wish scissors BBK wheels and tint
288 Posts
So my engine has been misfiring for a while now. I have replaced all spark cables,plugs, and coils. New down pipe, new TPS gasket, new plenum gasket. I took the car to a dealer near me and had them run a diag on it and came back with "there is something wrong with the relationship between plug 1 and 6." I have checked plug 1 and it looks fine, just some buildup on it compared to plug 3(used for comparison). The spark plugs are also getting spark. I don't have the time to look at plug 6 today (9/12/21). Any one have any ideas?
Verify 100% your plug wires are correct:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts