Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
The senders have a tendency to go bad which causes a low reading, but the gauge doesnt have any numbers on it so its pretty useless as well.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey thanks for the reply. Thats good to know! I did a oil pressure test today and had:
  • 20psi @ idle (~800)
  • 75psi @ 3500
Those numbers look good to me but I am running 10w-40 on a NA motor.

·
Registered
574 Posts
The senders have a tendency to go bad which causes a low reading, but the gauge doesnt have any numbers on it so its pretty useless as well.
Yeah basically this. Also, from my experience, the wire/plug that slides onto the sender would always fall off. I had panic attacks several times when my oil pressure gauge dropped all the way down while driving. Of course you also have the oil light as a cross reference, but its disconcerting. I ended up finding a way to zip tie the wire onto the sender.

Hey thanks for the reply. Thats good to know! I did a oil pressure test today and had:
  • 20psi @ idle (~800)
  • 75psi @ 3500
Those numbers look good to me but I am running 10w-40 on a NA motor.
Those look healthy to me, especially for 10W40. I assume that was when fully up to temp?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah basically this. Also, from my experience, the wire/plug that slides onto the sender would always fall off. I had panic attacks several times when my oil pressure gauge dropped all the way down while driving. Of course you also have the oil light as a cross reference, but its disconcerting. I ended up finding a way to zip tie the wire onto the sender.

Those look healthy to me, especially for 10W40. I assume that was when fully up to temp?
Yeah the connection to the sender is pretty odd. I didn't even try to take it off 🤣

Yes jrhorne that was off a hot engine. I cross referenced my data with the data you gave me a few weeks back (thank you) and everything looked good. Its great to have the peace of mind!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts