Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
Changed most of the fluids. Swapped in the new core and no more smoke. The car is still running warm (reaching 200f without getting on the car but I believe the rad cap is not making a good seal) Tried a Stant 24 psi cap and that didn't work. Ordered one of those locking caps now.

The crap that came out of the transmission was unholy and needed an exorcism

Coolant was full of rust. I expect I'll need a few more changes before it stays clean

Took the car out to Sandy Hook in NJ. Really nice historic fort there. About a 45 min drive from my home. Wheel bearing on it's way out. Have a new on on order

Car back at the shop, pulled out the wheel bearing today

Powdercoated Fog light brackets

Installed fogs. Need to solder a new connector for the passenger side. Got some 30w yellow bulbs coming in, may wrap the fogs in same yellow as the snake eyes

Also threw on my steering wheel (was reserving it for my spyder but who knows when that'll be running) and one of my prototype shift knobs

To be continued :)

17,436 Posts
Looks like good work! With the trans fluid that dark the VCU may be blown. If you rotate one of the rear wheels do the front ones start to turn?

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Looks like good work! With the trans fluid that dark the VCU may be blown. If you rotate one of the rear wheels do the front ones start to turn?
Thanks Chris! Unfortunately I only have two floor jacks at the moment. I'll give it a lookover once I get it on a proper lift

What type of floor decking and opinion on it?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079YMCLZD/ref=twister_B07QBS4QB1?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

I believe these are the ones I have. They've held up really well so far. (still under 6 months) I haven't ripped them yet. They're really easy to clean if any fluids are spilled on them

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
My fuel hanger was all fucked up from the "performance" shop I brought it to years ago. Was leaking from the top hat, fuel pump to hangar had a cut in the hose, and the fuel feed line under the car had a leak.

Filled in the holes made by the other shop with jb weld and drilled out the old studs (drained the fuel and aired it out of course)

Added rivenuts and waiting on an NA hanger I purchased off a guy on facebook (going to swap all the components over from the TT Hangar if needed)

Lastly deleted the ABS computer and jumped the wires to turn off the ABS light and solve the maintained 1500 rpm while over 5mph that the computer does

Just waiting on the replacement hangar to come in, new gasket from Cherry Hill and will hopefully be on the road by the end of the week. I have other plans for the car too (some basic power adding)

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I've been busy but have an update. Picked up a parts car, 91 rt-tt pulled the fuel tank which I'll use on the coupe (alot of other stuff for my spyder)

made and printed a seat bolster replacement to house my lcdbc controls

Updated all the speakers, inexpensive pioneer stuff but replaced the tweeters too

Safc1 and Wotbox are in. Got a nice deal on the safc which came with a ecu extension harness

And my replacement rear turbo didn't last long lol

I have a set of used 20ts coming and 550cc injectors. Going to rebuild the 20ts, slap in injectors and hopefully have an overall quick car. I'll be pretty much done after that. Just some paint, fix my active aero and I'll focus on my spyder build :)

·
AWD 4 LIFE
68 Posts
That LCDBC controller is awesome! A lot better then my rigged up one in the cigarette lighter by the driver seat adjustment. Do you make these to sell?

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
That LCDBC controller is awesome! A lot better then my rigged up one in the cigarette lighter by the driver seat adjustment. Do you make these to sell?
Hey dude, I don't the print time is way too long

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I got the 20ts in, rebuilt them and powdercoated the compressor housings. Cleaned up real well

Also got a Maft gen 2 in and waiting on a gm maf to show up. While that's happening I've been cleaning up some of the parts I have

Got a used Tanabe exhaust off another member that I cleaned up.

Lastly got an Active Aero! Had to patch some holes with plastic repair but it cleaned up nicely. Finished it in plastidip so I can easily repair it in the future

Pretty excited, once the car is back on the road, I'll throw it up on jacks, swap out the driveshaft, coilovers, brakes, gas tank and exhaust. Then I'll be pretty much done with the car until paint!

·
One fix at a time
7,839 Posts
Looks really great! I wish I had space for a powdercoating oven and sandblaster but I will for sure next year. Did you use the Kinugawa TD04 coolant line kit for your turbos? I've considered switching over to braided lines but their kit looks like it may have too long of lines.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Subbed, nice to see some updates on this car.

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Thanks fellas! I used the coolant lines and one oil line for the rear turbo. They are a bit long but it works! lol

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
In the middle of doing paint/some more resto. Powder coated lots of stuff, swapped alot of stock components in and fixed a few misc leaks and stuff.
[

·
Fear the Reaper!
2,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
20200623_154958.jpg 20200625_182439.jpg IMG_20200703_222402_421.jpg 20200705_182910.jpg 20200705_182936.jpg

Getting there, finished sanding the main body today. Waiting on some reduced to come in and I'll be able to spray this weekend. :)

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,711 Posts
What ever happened to the Spyder?

Bob.

·
Senior **i.e. OLD** Member
13,711 Posts
How many years?

·
Obsessive Carpolsive
2,090 Posts
Nice thread! All that powder coating is looking great!

Reactions: tensecs2fame
21 - 40 of 47 Posts