Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

681 - 700 of 722 Posts

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
some also forget water vapor's ability to displace oxygen.
When doing Calculated elevation (what the engine actually cares about) Water grains is very important. Every extra water grain displaces oxygen content in the air.

Take NM, Friday it's forcasted 20% day and 25% night max humidity.
Darlington NC on a sunny day like this saturday is 53% day 63% night.
The desert may be high, but it's dry. More oxygen content than a humid climate.

And yes, elevation does play a role in power, not as much in an FI car as an NA car, but it does hurt it. But there are many other factors that go into Calculated Elevation that need to be accounted for. Not just Feet above sea level. I have seen tracks close to sea level end up 3000+ feet calculated.

did you also know that in africa you can do AC just with adding water vapor into the air?... preatty efficient :p....

·
Breaks everything
9,937 Posts
The looks of the old GTS really make the new car look like shit........

Jason

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #685 (Edited)
The looks of the old GTS really make the new car look like shit........

Jason

I'm with you on that, same goes for the Corvette IMO, this is a pick of my old ZR-1, I loved the way that car looked. (not to mention the best sounding car on earth)

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
You always have the nicest cars..........living the dream :)
The problem is When I sell them I always regret it. I with a had the kind of money it takes to own them ALL at once:)

To tell the truth, the CTS-v, and the ZR-1 I REALY wish I still had. the ZR-1 the most, that’s the car I regret selling the most. It was not really fast but it was REALY cool!

The ZR-1 made 399 RWHP SAE with bolt on's, and made VERY good use of it. It ran [email protected] in El Paso on slicks. That at about 5000ft!. It regularly laid the smack down on Friends in heads/cam C5 ZO-6's that were all 430+ rwhp. Something about that 7300rpm red line and 4.10 gears.

The CTS-V with the Magnacharger put down 500 rwhp and was totally dead reliable, I put 40,000 totaly abuse miles on it and it never missed a beat. It ran [email protected] mph on street tires in Roswell launching in 2nd gear!!! (using 1st gear [email protected] and almost wrecking)

·
DR500s ftw
862 Posts
Wow, your viper looks like pure TITS Matt!! I've been looking into getting a ZR1 in the future and after seeing what you put about your old ZR1 makes me definitely want to buy one. There's a local guy around here with a 91 ZR1 and it's amazing sounding and looking. Anyways, thanks for showing the pics of your Viper :) Can't wait to see what it runs

Luke

·
Registered
12,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #690
Wow, your viper looks like pure TITS Matt!! I've been looking into getting a ZR1 in the future and after seeing what you put about your old ZR1 makes me definitely want to buy one. There's a local guy around here with a 91 ZR1 and it's amazing sounding and looking. Anyways, thanks for showing the pics of your Viper :) Can't wait to see what it runs

Luke
ya a ZR-1 with headers, no cats, and B&B Exhaust sounds bad ass!

If you want a ZR-1 see if you can find a 94-95, that’s the yrs that have the nicer Int., seats, dash ect. Thy also adding allot more sound deadening in 94 on the C4's.

·
DR500s ftw
862 Posts
ya a ZR-1 with headers, no cats, and B&B Exhaust sounds bad ass!

If you want a ZR-1 see if you can find a 94-95, that’s the yrs that have the nicer Int., seats, dash ect. Thy also adding allot more sound deadening in 94 on the C4's.
Definitely will take that into account. Funny thing u mentioned B&B, that exhaust imo is the best sounding exhaust for the vettes made.

·
<3's lapping days
3,275 Posts
Erik, SAY IT AINT SO!

Sick ass cars Matt.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Unbelievable - well done! I'd love to have seen it.

681 - 700 of 722 Posts