Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WHY is it so hard for people (Mechanics) to follow simple instructions no matter how clear you make it? Ive had the worst luck trying to get my all wheel alignment done correctly. Yeah yeah I should just pay $$$$ but really its not that hard if it's done right.

I have lifetime alignment through Firestone. They have all the proper gear to do a great job and EVERY time I have taken in the TSB that shows how to do it. I even tape a copy to the steering wheel so the tech cant miss it.

Recently I replaced the wheel bearings and axle shafts and felt the toe was off a little. I didnt want to take it back to where I have in the past because every time I had to make them do it 2 or 3x before it was right. I took it to another Firestone. I took in the TBS and showed them how it had to be done. I go back to get my car and ask about if they followed the TBS and they said OH, yeah that confused us at first because something didnt match up. You have a Dodge Stealth, not a Mitsubishi. ???? WTF?

I even still tried to explain to him it does not make a difference. Mitsubishi built it, it's a 3000GT VR4 for all/anything technically involved and he said, yeah it's a Dodge Stealth. Mother Fvcking stupid ass. Whatever he is paid it's to much.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Oof, that's why you're better off doing this stuff by yourself cuz you know what's going on and you save$$$$
Maybe they want you to keep coming back to fill their pockets, but that mechanic is real funny:ROFLMAO:
I knew some guy who had that same approach to Starions and Conquests, they're the same car both built by Mitsu but he just won't get it lol.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Any reputable suspension shop should be able to do it right the first time. Some mechanics out there are just sttange.

·
Lovbyts
3,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oof, that's why you're better off doing this stuff by yourself cuz you know what's going on and you save$$$$
Maybe they want you to keep coming back to fill their pockets, but that mechanic is real funny:ROFLMAO:
I knew some guy who had that same approach to Starions and Conquests, they're the same car both built by Mitsu but he just won't get it lol.
I do 90% of all work myself but the alignment is another story if you dont have the proper equipment.

They arent making any money off me, I have a lifetime alignment agreement so I dong pay.

·
Not around often
137 Posts
Maybe throw him a $20 under the table next time and see if he magically starts to understand how to do it :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts