Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seriously, I am getting tired of this. Check out the AWD Turbo Subaru on the Vette site... I have run Cobras, Camaros and Vettes. Sure I have lost to that C5 in Tulsa when my wife was with me (not by enough that it counts against me), and I lost to David's stang, but seriously this is getting out of hand. We have a car that few people can touch in bad weather, we have a car that some people can touch in good weather. I don't laugh at C5's in the snow, it isn't made for that. However our cars (you know the Grand Touring cars, funny how a Stang GT isn't the Grand Touring but our GT is!!!) ARE meant for that. They drive and drive and drive. At a light we can post sub 2.0 60'(or 1.7) stock, can others? Not many, we have already seen that we can run over 165 if not up past 180. We can hit a semi and stand a whole lot better chance of living than any Performance car out there. We get good mileage and clean looking cars. What is the problem with this? I like how a C5 looks, don't like the mileage nor the lack of seats, nor the bad weather aspect. I like Vipers, again they don't really have much year roundness. LS1 T/A's look FN sweet! But they feel funny just cruising around town, kinda cumbersome (Not sure why, but the finacing was ready and this one little thing kept me from buying it, that and I could hardly reach the pedals with the seat all the way forward) The SS camaro is all around nice, probably the best car to get for showing off and being able to get away into a crowd of similar looking cars. Cobra's used to look GREAT, now I don't like the lines, but still a good buy, too much spinning and bad gas mileage.
IS THERE ANYTHING ELSE? I have complimented every car I can think of that could be considered competetion... (well supra's and DSM and 300ZXTT) all great cars. Now why is it that people can't understand that we drive a car that isn't #1 at many things. It is #2 in almost everything. I believe I am done rambling...
Just wish guys would quit being pricks and start being real... We can deal with losing a race, however if their comeback to our being able to xxxxxx (insert what we can do better) is - on a perfect day with perfect traction and cheap gas and nothing but straight roads and no cops and no passengers and with me shifting right, I can beat you by two tenths - then I say fuck em.

Ryan

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
My thoughts exactly! I would also like to add that leg room is impotant. You know what i mean.

BLK '93 VR4

A

·
0 Posts
<font face="verdana,arial" color=#300050><font color=#000000>Space Coyote</font> wouldn't have enough leg room if I took the front passenger seat out of my T/A and had him sit in the back!

<font color=#000000>TTRT</font>, it's like school spirit, or the ol' "My dad's bigger than your dad" thang. If it's true no one will want to admit it. There's a heap of pride out there, bubba. With the perks to the suspension and brakes in my car, I feel safe in it in inclimate weather but I can't say I'd want to race anyone when the streets are slick. I always thought it was a given that when you have all four tires clawing at the pavement you have an advantage over vehicles that don't. I wanted to give the Subaru Impreza 2.5 a drive because it just looked like a neat little scoot-about. I changed my mind because I heard there was a lot of mechanical problems with Subarus. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I didn't feel like putting money into it.

I went with what I like, the Trans Am, and if anyone talked smack about my car, like you, I'd jump to the defense. I'm a car enthusiast and even though I don't care for the image I see going hand-in-hand with the Mustang (and their lack of performance, lately) I still don't dislike the car. The latest body changes look sweet. I think Ford is doing something with the modular engine, I just wish they'd pep it up a bit.

Can't say I'm happy with "ricers" but that's not the cars' manufacturer's fault, it's the crazy body panels and sticker-a-go-go w/ no performance mods. Bleh.

·
Official 3SI Mouth
2,168 Posts
You bring up a good point Ahroun-

The whole "rice" thing is completely out of control. I mean, when you're going down the block, in a true sports car, be it a Camaro, a Mustang, a Vette, a Trans Am, or a 3/S, and you get bunny hops from the Civic next to you, it's time to dole out reality checks. And I know- it's happending everywhere- I've taken out every single of the prementioned cars off of various lots where I've worked for gas ups and test drives, and it's the same deal every time. It's sad that it's this stage of the game, where real sports cars that happen to come out of Japan, IE, the Supra, the latest RX-7, the Fairlady Z, and the 3000GT are just lumped into the realm of "ricey". And you go and pick up an issue of the Hearald of the "import" scene, say, Turbo mag, and it's nothing but wall to wall econoboxes. And hybrids. I apologize, but this whole "9 second Honda" shit has got to go. I don't care how much money was spent on that nasty looking tube formed contraption that happens to have a Honda manufactured block in it. It's not a Civic. It's a hybrid.

It's disenheartening when you walk into a shop these days and catch hell from the patrons, all 18 and under, who's parents bought them a Prelude for their birthday, and will buy them another for their birthday, AND the owner/management, who dislikes you cause you happen to have an imported auto that can kick the shit out of their hopped up homeborn ride. (nothing against US steel- I grew up loving it, I've just taken a liking to foreign spice...

I mean, bloody hell- Car and Driver got off their ass to take offense in a recent issue about the topic, that means it's GOT to be bad. (then again, there was that ass a few issues back complaining about pipes on Harleys, the wuss...)

Good lord, now that I think about it, Honda really is the root of all evil- think about it. The NSX. 90G's for 300 HP? You're kidding, RIGHT?! No wonder the kids think 150 HP out of their Integras are so good for the money... and only if the kids weren't so damned shortsighted anymore...

Oh well. It just goes back to what I was saying a few days ago- you see them, burn them. And I guess it makes the fight a LOT more personal for those of us owning the real japanese supercars- it's our fight to keep our honor from being tarnished by the econoboxes.

So everybody- go launch on a couple lawnmowers. I know, it's embarassing. But it's a whole lot less embarassing than being shown up by one. (not that it could ever happen

Kenneth
(who's finding it amasing he's agreeing with the owner of an F-body tonight.. more on that in a few minutes...)

M

·
0 Posts
Here we go....I am a converted fan of American steel. I have owned several american muscle cars, an '85 T/A, an '88 GTA, a '68 442 convertible, an '81 mustang, an '85 mustang and my parents had two 90's mustangs and my dad bought a '91 GTA becuase he liked mine so much. My family has never owned foreign car, even my extended family. Needless to say i have come from an American car family. Now I am the black sheep. I bought a third generation Supra Turbo and fell in love with it. That car almost went around corners by itself. I wrecked that car and would be buying a fourth gen Supra Turbo but i need to be able to drive during the winter and the next choice was the 3000GT VR4. I am now a complete convert and i will most likely never own another american car again. My grandfather has disowned me but man i love these cars. The ricers all tick me off because mostly they give the true car enthusiasts a bad name. I drive japanese cars but i dont call myself a ricer. Hell you see rice on american cars even nowadays. I am done rambling and i will say i am looking at a '94 3000GT VR4 tomorrow which i will most likely own by the end of the week. Someday i will own a fourth gen Supra Turbo, i cant help it, it is in my blood. I dont remember what the point of this post was so i will stop writing now. Boost on.

Cheers

A

·
0 Posts
<font color=#300050>Haha.. The whole "ricer" thing has gotten so rediculous in Dallas, I feel like getting a Type-R sticker for my car just to mock them. The thing that's stopping me is I'm afraid 1) people will think I'm serious and believe it, or 2) people will think I'm serious and a "ricer".

T

·
0 Posts
I say give me a yugo, a torch to cut the springs and hell I should be cool right? even if I can't afford to keep my tires from looking like /\.

Ted

1 - 7 of 7 Posts