Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone is looking into getting their ECU repaired, do not hesitate to send yours in to Av-Pro. Their website is www.avproecm.com and they are excellent! I have read about others on 3si recommending them as well as a couple of local people also which is why I tried them out. For a total of $260 + your cost of shipping it to them you can get a freshly rebuilt ECU and with only about 4-6 days turnaround time. I sent mine in last Monday and got it back on Saturday and I didn't even send it to them Priority or anything.

I definitely recommend them!

· Registered
598 Posts
Syn said:
If anyone is looking into getting their ECU repaired, do not hesitate to send yours in to Av-Pro. Their website is www.avproecm.com and they are excellent! I have read about others on 3si recommending them as well as a couple of local people also which is why I tried them out. For a total of $260 + your cost of shipping it to them you can get a freshly rebuilt ECU and with only about 4-6 days turnaround time. I sent mine in last Monday and got it back on Saturday and I didn't even send it to them Priority or anything.

I definitely recommend them!
Do they do upgrades as well or just restore to factory?

· Power of Metal Unchained!
765 Posts
I will also recommend them...There quality is top notch, however its not perfect. I sent mine to be rebuilt to fix my no start condition, didn't fix it.....had them rebuild it again(under warantee) and it fixed my problem. Mistakes do happen. I told them i had no spark, and they got me spark. But then i told them i had to much fuel, and they gave me less fuel. took 2 tries but it fixed it. def. use avpro. good costumer service plus lifetime warantee!!

Nick

· Registered
1,067 Posts
dpfsharkbait said:
http://www.3si.org/forum/showthread.php?t=269053

These are the results most companies produce. And a new ECU is over 1k.
Av-pro does great work, and has a warranty. The "AV" part of their name is because they specialize in these systems for airplanes, and meet very strict standards.
I really can't see ever sending one anyplace besides them.

The first time I sent mine in they said nothing was wrong with it but I had them to it anyway for the warrenty. I got it back and it was WORSE. I swapped my frinds in and everyhting instantly went away. I've been driving for a month and no indications of the problem (intermittant cut out and 4500 rpm rev limit) I sent it back for another repair and they sent it back along with my money. GREAT COMPANY can't beat the speed, warrenty, and service. Nice people did everything they could to make me happy. They said that a line of code could ahve been bad and no one has the codes to download into it.

· Registered
1,631 Posts
Stealthboy1256 said:
I will also recommend them...There quality is top notch, however its not perfect. I sent mine to be rebuilt to fix my no start condition, didn't fix it.....had them rebuild it again(under warantee) and it fixed my problem. Mistakes do happen. I told them i had no spark, and they got me spark. But then i told them i had to much fuel, and they gave me less fuel. took 2 tries but it fixed it. def. use avpro. good costumer service plus lifetime warantee!!

Nick
Hmm...I'm having the same problem and I just sent them mine too, shiet I definitely don't feel like waiting to get it rebuilt a second time. Hope it works. I'm getting no spark either, but I told them that in the little notice they told me to put in the box reguarding the problems I was having. Did your car crank and not start either?

· Registered
8 Posts
Previous Owner had one from them that kinda worked then not too much later it would try to stall at higher rmp, then it sometimes wasnt starting, now i have it and it wont start at all, it's giving error codes 52 and 53, everything upmtomthe ecu is working properly so it looks like it is failing again, are the under lifetime warranty? Transferable?
Iv opened the case and checked to see if they replaced common known problem with the capacitors, they did replace them, one of the processors looks like it is new and freshly soldered. But there is a piggy back board that has corrosion and rust on many of the components, capacitors, resisters, power transistors, it looks like this is a main issue now, they could have/must have noticed it during physical and meter testing.
I don't believe these are being refurbished ect, otherwise these items would have been replaced and the pcb would have been reworked or replaced.
I have photos if anyone is interested.
I am wondering if anyone can tell if the repair is lifetime warranty?
Is there a cheap place where u can buy one remanufactured? Or pulled from wrecked cars
Or another repair company that repairs and warranties these? Any info would be greatly appreciated, thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.