Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased the vehicle about a month ago, all stock and at first Id plug my phone into the CD port and it worked for some time, but recently It doesn't pick up the phone anymore when plugged in, not sure if there's any fix or a work around for an Aux, currently just don't have the means at the moment for a new stereo system. Thanks

·
Registered
1991 Dodge Stealth ES 5sp
173 Posts
I ended up digging up my old tape deck with an aux cord and using it for a while before changing my head unit.

You can get pretty decent units these days for sub $200 if you don't care about supreme audio quality/output.

Worst case you can pick up an FM transmitter and use that for the time being.

·
CAD/DAO/CNC
1,724 Posts
Maybe just clean it 😉

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I ended up digging up my old tape deck with an aux cord and using it for a while before changing my head unit.

You can get pretty decent units these days for sub $200 if you don't care about supreme audio quality/output.

Worst case you can pick up an FM transmitter and use that for the time being.
Do you know any that would work out the box, or would I have to do splicing. My vehicle is a 91 SL, I know there's some adapters you can get for the cables. Thanks

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,280 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Does your head unit have a tape deck? If so, use the tape-to-aux adapter. I used that for MANY years on several cars back in the day when the original iPods were out.

Example: https://www.amazon.com/Arsvita-Audi...uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

FM transmitter is another option (and can be completely wireless), but the tape will be a little better quality.
It dose, but it sadly doesn't work. When I tried, it didn't read and wouldn't eject, so I had to press the eject and pry the tape out carefully. Im not sure if its the tape itself on why it wont read or if its just broken.

·
Registered
1991 VR4
1,280 Posts
It dose, but it sadly doesn't work. When I tried, it didn't read and wouldn't eject, so I had to press the eject and pry the tape out carefully. Im not sure if its the tape itself on why it wont read or if its just broken.
Best to just go the FM transmitter route then if you dont want a new headunit. Head units can be really cheap and the wiring is pretty simple. I have a aftermarket single din in the double din space with the storage tray taking the 2nd din spot.

·
Registered
1991 Dodge Stealth ES 5sp
173 Posts
Do you know any that would work out the box, or would I have to do splicing. My vehicle is a 91 SL, I know there's some adapters you can get for the cables. Thanks
I grabbed a ATOTO head unit off Amazon for like $190 CAD. Works great and now I have CarPlay too.

All I needed was a Metra 70-1743 harness. Match up the wires to the harness for the head unit, and plug it in. No issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts