Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

automatic vr-4?

280 views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  puffe516 
#1 ·
anyone know where to find one or if one exists?

#3 ·
I've heard a few people say that they've seen/ridden in an ATX VR-4, but is seems to be VERY rare. I heard a while back that they did actually produce a very limited number of ATX Stealth RT/Turbo's back in the day to use as company cars for Dodge, and that some of them were still out there. Not sure what ATX tranny they would have used, though.

#5 ·
i bet there were a few produce back in 91' but very few

#6 · (Edited)
There were two automatic VR-4's made for mitsu executives. Someone on the board ran into one a while ago. But no, your not going to find one for your girlfriend. Just have her learn stick.

Mitsu manufactured the GTO in japan and they had some different models than us. One of the models was an AWD non turbo. That model was available with the option of an automatic. This is the only AWD automatic for our cars. Mitsu must have taken a couple and stuck them in U.S. VR-4's for the execs. You could probably find one of those trannys and have it imported, but then again you would need a custom ECU to work with both twin turbos and an automatic.

The other option is get a FWD automatic and do a TT conversion, but then you don't have AWD and you will have no traction. I think Mikes95RT did a TT conversion with his automatic, fired it up and spun the tires through all the gears, and then did a manual conversion.

And only post something once damnit! You started three threads asking the same thing!

:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.