Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys! Anyone of you have had problem with your auto tranny? Mine has some kind of internally problems. I have tried to get the error codes read out, but there is not thing that can express the problem. I have took my car to "All transmission World" for a free inspection, but they are not able to tell me exactly what has went wrong in there. Their suggestion is part out the damn thing to take a closer look inside, then they will replace whatever that caused the problem. The labors to part out, replace bad component(s), reassemble and installation are total at $1150 Dollars plus the price for whatever parts they replaced. Now, the worsest scenario is rebuld the whole thing, I have called Mits dearler and they quoted me $ 1800 bucks for a remanufacture one with exchange, but then I have to pay someone to install it. Guy please tell me what should I do? Let them part out and replace whatever parts were bad or just go ahead to get a fresh remanufacture tranny from dealer and get someone to install it, this way price may be slightly higher but at least I feel more confident with it. However, either ways I go it is still cost me around $2000-$2500 Dollars. Where is the best place to go and how much for a remanufacture tranny is reasonable? Please lets me know. Thanks alot for your helps....
Don94...I'm very unfortunate with this car.

·
Banned
9,895 Posts
Sounds like you got the same bug i did. I've replaced the auto tranny on my beast twice. I just got it rebuilt before christmas. Cost me $2,600 at Aamco transmissions. It cost $1,600 for the rebuild, $350 to rebuild the torque converter, and $500 in miscellanious used parts (would have cost $1000 if they used new parts). I feel bad for you, but worse for me since my car only has 83k miles. My trannies have only lasted about 40k miles each. I would have better luck with a VR4 tranny...LOL. I would have them tear it apart to see what the problem is. A remanufacture tranny is just as good as a rebuilt tranny.

Hans

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hans! I'll drop my car at the shop today and lets them tear it a part. Thanks alot man.
late,
Don94

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What types of problems do you have with the transmission? What were the first signs of trouble?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I first noticed a thumpping noise at hard accelerattion. Next, the engine'd die anytime when it is in reverse posittion, also engine stall sometime in forward mode as well. Then, it disengaged while running with some grinding noise likes the fluid runs through the hydrolic pump, also the tranny fluid is burned(smell). Turn out the torque converter, clutch, selenoi(sp)valves and some other items have burned. The repair cost has went up to $2300 which is included tax. They told me that it has only 1 year warranty but as I negotiated on the price. Finally, they give me 24 months with 24,000 miles warranty but the price is stayed as it.
Don94

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it's a bit late but I would of suggested North American Transmission near Tampa Ave (on the West Side of Orlando). They fix two transmission for me and it was a decent job, great price, and very friendly.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks anyway. Can't wait to get the car back. Tick, tick, tick....forever.
Don94

1 - 7 of 7 Posts