Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,068 Posts
Thanks for that distance # Eric. That gives me something to shoot for. So one question; as you can see, these pickup tubes aren't necessarily on a flat horizontal plane. I'm assuming 3/8" from the would be from the lowest point?

Much appreciated!
Ideally you would bend the pickup so it’s flat to the pan. I’ve seen them angled quite a bit before and that’s not what you want. In extreme cases, you may have to cut and re-weld.

If the screen bulges down, I would do the measurement from the outer surround, not the screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,349 Posts
minimum pickup clearance should be 1/4 inch. I would aim for closer to half an inch though richie

·
1G Foglights b!tches
9,068 Posts
minimum pickup clearance should be 1/4 inch. I would aim for closer to half an inch though richie
I go 3/8, which is “closer” to 1/2 inch. ;) lol

·
1994 Mit 3000gt VR4 6spd
1,349 Posts
I go 3/8, which is “closer” to 1/2 inch. ;) lol

yea that's a real good place to be. I've ran the minimum 1/4 and it was "fine" but after running the latter you can tell the rod bearings are much happier.

17,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Test fitted the engine and looks like zero firewall bashing required!

·
Marshall Taylor
1,303 Posts
It appears having to notch the valve cover so the compressor housing would clear, provided just enough room on the firewall. Looks Great!

17,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
That's looking great! What are your power goals? E85? Will the trans hold it?
1000AWHP is the goal. Yes, E85, been running it since 2011. It should hold, have all the upgrades except the rear drum which Jeff Bush is still waiting on clutches for. I'm sure at this weight and torque there will be parts like the planentary gears which will be high maintenance. There are light race cars running 7.0x at nearly 200 though so it isn't like we will be near that power level.

17,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Just about got the rear wastegate dump figured out with optional hater mode.

17,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Finally got it in for real this time!

The rear dump is a little tight!!

17,870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

61 - 74 of 74 Posts