Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

321 - 340 of 346 Posts

·
STALKER
1,436 Posts
Hi guys I'm looking to buy a 3000GT in Hawley beach, Tasmania, next week and was just wondering if anyone knows anything about the history of this car. It's a white Aus delivered 1992 with 100ks. Owner is a retired man who says he bought it off the first owner about 18mths ago. PM me if you prefer!
Whats it selling for - just to make sure you aren't paying to much...

·
STALKER
1,436 Posts
$24,990. It's on the carsales website
Thats extremely top dollar there man... I just paid $8000 for a 1997 last year and I paid $26000 for my 60000km 1994 GTO about 10 years ago.
Yes it is in beautiful condition but still.

Whats your thoughts guys?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mitsubishi-3000GT-1992/SSE-AD-3685800/?Cr=2

You would be better off buying this and bringing in over in the bottom of a ferry to Taz

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Mitsubishi-GTO-1999/SSE-AD-4006511/?Cr=2

·
Registered
31 Posts
Cheers mate thanks for the ideas. Yeh it is the most expensive one for sale but I've got my heart set on a first generation 3000GT and would be willing to pay a bit more for an Aus delivered version with good history and service records. It does seem a bit overpriced though even if it is a clean car, but the owner said he would be prepared to negotiate on price. I'm actually living in melbourne so it's quite an effort to get it over but I'm planning on looking at it next weekend. These early 3000GTs seem to be getting hard to find in good condition so I'll have to be prepared to travel a bit to get a good one. Good news for current owners is that values seem to already be starting to rise!

·
STALKER
1,436 Posts

·
STALKER
1,436 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Cheers mate thanks for the ideas. Yeh it is the most expensive one for sale but I've got my heart set on a first generation 3000GT and would be willing to pay a bit more for an Aus delivered version with good history and service records. It does seem a bit overpriced though even if it is a clean car, but the owner said he would be prepared to negotiate on price. I'm actually living in melbourne so it's quite an effort to get it over but I'm planning on looking at it next weekend. These early 3000GTs seem to be getting hard to find in good condition so I'll have to be prepared to travel a bit to get a good one. Good news for current owners is that values seem to already be starting to rise!
Hi

If you want an Aust Delivered vehicle this is your only alternative:

1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT Manual 4WD

but with 171k on the clock the major service is just around the corner

Looks nice though and is $9000 cheaper for the same build year

Happy hunting

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
Thanks Chris, yes I saw that one but was suspicious about it because it's silver and my research suggests that only colours offered were red and white for Aus delivered 3000GTs.

·
A TURBO with A TWIN
535 Posts
Thanks Chris, yes I saw that one but was suspicious about it because it's silver and my research suggests that only colours offered were red and white for Aus delivered 3000GTs.
Pretty sure it's White in colour. Being the type of White paint the angles and ambient lighting make it appear as if it's Silver.. Much like the red models pictured appear orange in some way because of lighting and angles.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I spoke to the dealer and he said it's a grey/silver colour so it turned me off it. The white one in Tasmania looks like a much cleaner car but I'll have to pay a fair premium for it!

·
A TURBO with A TWIN
535 Posts
I spoke to the dealer and he said it's a grey/silver colour so it turned me off it. The white one in Tasmania looks like a much cleaner car but I'll have to pay a fair premium for it!
Oh I see :p . Too bad really.

The Red 3rd Gen looks well looked after though. :)

·
STALKER
1,436 Posts

Its definitely white but could of had a tinted clear or like mentioned it looks silver in the pics. The dealer may of just looked at the pics too and said the same but as you can see the firewall is white and there is no doubt about that - for someone to try and convert everything? why... and the chances of finding the parts are next to impossible.

Then it looks silver in this shot - I'd say its definitely white pearl.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Under different lighting conditions the colour can be deceiving - that is definitely a Pearl White - same as mine!!!

Chris

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey guys,

Went to Tassie and loved the white 3000GT so much that I bought it and brought it back on the Spirit! It's in terrific condition for it's age - only faults are sun discolouration on the top of the rear seats (and a little bit on the outside edge of front seats), worn gear pattern imprint on the gear knob, and some stone chips on the front bumper/bonnet which were touched up.

I'd be fascinated to know how many of these Aussie delivered 3000s are still rolling around. There's three others for sale (one white one on carsales, and one red and one white one on gumtree). Would love any other ADM 3000 owners to let me know about their rides so I can build a database to share!

·
Red Devil
770 Posts
Hey guys,

Went to Tassie and loved the white 3000GT so much that I bought it and brought it back on the Spirit! It's in terrific condition for it's age - only faults are sun discolouration on the top of the rear seats (and a little bit on the outside edge of front seats), worn gear pattern imprint on the gear knob, and some stone chips on the front bumper/bonnet which were touched up.

I'd be fascinated to know how many of these Aussie delivered 3000s are still rolling around. There's three others for sale (one white one on carsales, and one red and one white one on gumtree). Would love any other ADM 3000 owners to let me know about their rides so I can build a database to share!
Well.....firstly...congrats. You're going to love it.
The Aust delivered cars were an interesting breed..incorporating many of the upgrades that appeared later overseas..such as 25 spline t'case...upgraded crank and 4 bolt engine. They obviously missed out on active aero and active exhaust. I've heard it was because they didnt comply with Aust standards at the time, but my personal thought is they were sooo expensive when they landed here, Mitsu slightly despeced them to try and keep the cost down.

I wanted to find a little history about my car if I could. the original owners manual came with the car so I rang the dealership where it was sold (LAunceston), they checked the Vin and told me the car was bought by one of the directors, received some upgrades (larger turbo's, competition clutch, modified ECU and some internal stregthening of the engine) and was then raced in the Targa Tasmania, finishing 19th overall.

The actual numbers sold of Aust delivered seems somewhere between 114 and 130.. I think there's surprisingly large numbers still around.

My humble advice is keep up with the regular maintenance. Personally, i wouldn't modify it, but of course thats up to you. If you're going to upgrade, you need to upgrade a lot to prevent other parts of the drivetrain from suffering. I think there's nothing nicer than an unmodified, original version of these cars. Overseas they seem to LOVE the front of the Aust delivered ones..unique to anywhere else in the world. I tend to agree, but I'm biased.

Heaps and heaps of information on this forum, also the Aust GTO page on Facebook. People here are fantastic and have helped me, and many others along the journey. Would be great to see you at this years Australian National Gathering, last weekend in October. There's a thread on here with details.

Welcome to the group!

Attachments

·
Red Devil
770 Posts
Should also say, the last digits in the VIN will tell you your build number for an Aust delivered. I think mine is no 32.

Also, 3SX website has heaps of parts for these cars, including the gear knob, although you may also get it off Ebay. If you buy from 3SX freight is pricey, but you can use MYSHIPCODE to get a reduction.

321 - 340 of 346 Posts