Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Anyone got a spare first gen maf spare? preferably one with 165 E5T05072 on it? I need to maek 100% sure before I buy one etc.

Cheers,

Joe

·
GTO's a happening
14,003 Posts
Wish I could help you Joseph. I sold mine to Will (from memory I think it was Will) in Melbourne. If not, someone in Melbourne has it. (stupid alzheimers)

Scotty

·
4L 6G74 Stroker FWD NA
3,327 Posts
Joe, If you need a cheap one, TR/TS magna one (4cyl/V6) *should* be the same thing. part numbers may differ but AFAIK contain the same things internally.
$25~ from a wrecker.

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wish I could help you Joseph. I sold mine to Will (from memory I think it was Will) in Melbourne. If not, someone in Melbourne has it. (stupid alzheimers)

Scotty
I was actually going to say in my post that "Scotty since your car isn't going you could send me your MAF" LOL then I remembered reading a post somewhere that you sold it cus you don't need it with a stand alone ECU.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hi Guys,

Anyone got a spare first gen maf spare? preferably one with 165 E5T05072 on it? I need to maek 100% sure before I buy one etc.

Cheers,

Joe
Hey mate,

Yep, I got one of those. It was Scotty's too. I forgot that I had it actually.

Do you want me to ship it up to you?

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hell yes!!!! What numbers are on it BTW?

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
HA!!! I just worked out what the 3 digit number means. It's the last 3 digits of the part number. So 165 is part number MD170165. 618 is MD183618. SO the 2 I have tried are 337 and 789 which are MD357337 & MD187789 which are both for N/A models.

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Done!

(I should have had a look when I sent that ECU up to you.)

The numbers are 165 E5T05072 as requested.
You sir, are a legend :bigthumb: :headbang:

·
Registered
936 Posts
HA!!! I just worked out what the 3 digit number means. It's the last 3 digits of the part number. So 165 is part number MD170165. 618 is MD183618. SO the 2 I have tried are 337 and 789 which are MD357337 & MD187789 which are both for N/A models.
Rightio. And both of your N/A ones and your "165" are throwing errors?

Edit: Same address as last time?

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No just the NA ones. The airflow sensor in mine die but the barometric pressure sensor was fine. Which shows up as having issues [code 25] when using the NA ones.
Note: My 165 did give an error [code 12] but pointing to air flow meter but that's it.

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks mate :D

·
4L 6G74 Stroker FWD NA
3,327 Posts
Random question here, if anyones MAF is 100% screwed Can I grab it off you? I need a MAF but dont need what its inside....i.e. will be gutting it so my NA engine bay looks a bit more stock...

let me know! Better then paying for a working one from the wreckers when im only gonna gut it anyway

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'll let you know how I go. I have it apart and was hoping to clean it properly. If no go it's yours.

·
I'm a Member
9,705 Posts
definitely take it apart and clean it...there are diagnostics for it in the manual so I'd give it a 90% chance of being resurrect able or a wiring problem

·
Twin Turbo
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
definitely take it apart and clean it...there are diagnostics for it in the manual so I'd give it a 90% chance of being resurrect able or a wiring problem
Not a wiring problem. Been down that path. Can only be due to dodgy MAF... I hope LOL

1 - 20 of 21 Posts