Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
poser
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gents, had a nice listening session in BMW's Harman/Lexicon equipped 7 series sedan, which features their proprietary 7.1 surround, first of its type. Remarkable, and this coming from a staunch 2-channel proponent. Surround done well can be so exquisite, it's simply rare that it's done well.

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
are any recording companies encoding their music in the 7.1 format? or even 5.1? or is it a mobile theatre type application?

just curious....

KC

BTW, what the price tag on those cars, like 80,000?

·
poser
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed, alas the 7 series runs about $75K.

I should have been more clear on my post. The processor extrapolates 7.1 channels of audio from traditional 2-channel sources. Pretty impressive without sounding artificial.

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
wow, that is quite different from what i was thinking and very impressive. who makes the processor? lexicon?

KC

·
I suck @ Life
1,934 Posts
hey mobile,

while you were here i wanted to get your opinion on Navone Engineering products for oem deck adapters and line drivers. I was thinking about a 2 channel adapter and there balanced line driver kit.

thanks
KC

·
poser
2,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
By reputation David Navone is well regarded and his products seem to carry that same standard. I have no personal experience with his products.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts