Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ATX jerks quite a bit when shifting into drive and reverse, and also when it shifts down from 2nd to 1st. Apart from that all other shifts feel fine and smooth. I've been digging around the forums and cant really find any similar issues people had. I'm already rebuilding the engine just thinking if I should tackle this rn too :/

· Registered
104 Posts
Does this happen when the transmission is cold or after it's warmed up? What condition is the fluid and has it ever been changed? Does the fluid smell normal or does it smell burnt? How many miles on the transmission?

· Registered
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does this happen when the transmission is cold or after it's warmed up? What condition is the fluid and has it ever been changed? Does the fluid smell normal or does it smell burnt? How many miles on the transmission?
shifting into drive and reverse is mainly at its worst when cold, and the downshift from second into first is constant. I changed the fluid last August so its basically brand new and before that it didn't seem burnt. The transmission was changed before my ownership but apparently it was changed about 60k miles ago. I think its probably due for a service soon anyways but just checking how bad it might be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.