Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys drive around with the bottle open? I'm assuming it's a pain to have to open the bottle, close the bottle, open the bottle, especially if it's in the trunk. Cause I know i'm going to have that itch to just shoot it every now and again when on a street race on a highway or soemthing....but I can't relaly reach the trunk;). is there any harm in leaving the bottle open? Does NOS have an auto bottle opener like NX systems does? how much and where to find it?

Matt

·
14.1 @ 100mph N/A
5,289 Posts
You can get remote openers from Summitracing.com, jegs.com, or Ebay. Just look for "nos remote opener" on Ebay. You wire it into the arm switch so the bottle opens when you arm, or you can wire it to its own switch. You aren't supposed to drive around with the bottle open because 9 out of 10 solenoids leak, which means you'll be losing nitrous. However, I have driven around for hours with mine open with no significant nitrous loss. My bottle is within reach of the driver's seat, though, so you may want to consider that.

·
Bored User
8,535 Posts
You can get a remote bottle opener for almost any brand kit. As far as leaving it open, it's not a problem for a few hours at a time. The entire time you have the bottle open you are subjecting all of your fittings, lines, solenoids etc.. to 800-1100psi of constant pressure.

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Powelsound said:
The entire time you have the bottle open you are subjecting all of your fittings, lines, solenoids etc.. to 800-1100psi of constant pressure.

fair enough..:~

drew: where do you have it mounted. Only thing is, I don't want it in plain view if I get pulled over, or for people to just walk past my car, and see the bottle sitting there.

Matt

·
Matt Sherman
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ttt

1 - 5 of 5 Posts