Mitsubishi 3000GT & Dodge Stealth Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any problems with it so far?? Mine runs awesome but once in a long while it will bog like sh*t.. engine will die.. and takes a hell of a time to start it up again.. Im not sure if its the unit or something else (never happen before the installation)..

This only happens about a minute or 2 then it goes away for a few months.. any comment??

J

·
0 Posts
I've been considering buying that system. I haven't heard any comments about it. If you do though, I'd like to know.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
George, I do have an annyoing problem with the car since it got cold here (below 5°C). I got a schematic diagram and work on it to install it in the box. The problem usually happens when I quickly close the throttle and seems to be related to the TPS sensor reading.

I don't know if this is the same to your problem but you may adjust the low a click higher to see if this has an effect. Of course, I guess it is not possible to force the problem, isn't it ?

Later,
Roger
93'3000GT TT

·
Registered
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Roger,

I dont think my problem is as same as yours.. its not weather related (i dont think) weather here now is 50F - 75F.. it only happens when the engine is idling around 700-800 not when driving), then it suddenly dies.. and wont start again.. seems like engine is flooded (fuel) or something.. like i said earlier.. it happend about 4 times since i installed this unit back in June..

my setting are perfect now.. any adjustment to the "low" will cause idle to go crazy and engine dies.. it would be nice if the tuning could be more percise.. theres too much difference between one click to the other.. Brian mentioned he could take the unit back to SplitSec for them to work on.. he said it would be easy..

to all others considering this unit,

get it!! despite of my once a long while problem.. this thing is soo daily driveable. once its tuned right, i didnt have to touch it again.. high boosting or city cruising, no problemo! to me, daily driveability is very important since my '92 tt is my only way of commute.. the ARC is pretty reliable so far..

george www.geocities.com/amkreadgto/intro.html

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
George,

I would agree that the ARC2/GP is a great mod. It took me a little while to get mine tuned in but the driveability is awesome. My VR-4 is also a daily driver and driveability is a main concern in all mods that I do.

I haven't had the problem you described though. You may want to take Brian up on his offer to get Split Second to fix it for you.

Roger,

Our temperature has been between 10F and 35F for the last few days and my car has been running great. No problems.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts